Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing playlist - confusion

Sharing playlist - confusion

Hi all, I have Spotify premium on an andriod device (HTC One m8) and getting very confused trying to share a playlist with a friend. Neither of us are on facebook, she is listed as a friend on spotify and, it looks as though we are both following each other too. However, I select a playlist, long press to bring up a menu and select share form the options and then spotify friends, I get a panel asking me to fill in a few details starting with To:  I type in her spotify name and then a message but the 'Send' button remains greyed out. So I try writing her name as spotify:user:hername and 'Send' is still greyed out.  I am trying this while connected on WiFi. I am not sure if she has a premium account - would it make any difference?

If I use my computer at home I can share songs and playlists with her no problem so what am I doing wrong on my phone? 

For info, settings on the phone are:

Offline mode is off

Device broadcast is off

Private session is off

Spotify version is 0.7.9.1170

Android 4.4.2

HTC Sense 6.0

3 Replies

Unfortunately, Spotify sharing is only possible between facebook friends on the mobile app. You can, however, share via other means, such as email or SMS.

Thanks. That would explain it. Seems like an odd restriction to make. Also, the app ought to do more than simply grey out a button and leave users to guess what it might mean. A message about only being able to share with facebook friends would be useful. Hey ho.  

Oh, providing helpful and meaningful error messages to users has never been Spotify's strong point 😞

Suggested posts