Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Headphones skipping two songs at a time when display is off

Solved!

Headphones skipping two songs at a time when display is off

I'm currently using a Nokia 6.1 with apple earphones. When using Spotify, if I double tap the middle button while the display is off, Spotify will skip the current track AND the next one, sometimes playing a split-second of that track. I've tested with generic earphones and the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what's caused this and/or how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've got the same issue on a Nokia 8.1 and I'm looking for a solution.  However I think it's a phone/firmware issue with Nokia's software rather than a Spotify one since it also does the same thing on both Amazon Music and Google Play Music apps too.  It does it with multiple different headset's too as I've tried Apple, Sennheiser and Westone headset buttons with the same result and works with the screen on so not a cable issue either.

The work around I found is to stop the track with a single click then double click to move to the next track and resume playing... clumbersome but less so than taking your phone out of your pocket.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I've been experiencing the same behaviour for the past few days with my Nokia 8.1, down to it only occurring when the display is off.

Any help on this one would be great!

The issue persists after removing and reinstalling the application. As of last night, I am on Android 9 running the 1st of April 2019 patches.

Marked as solution

I've got the same issue on a Nokia 8.1 and I'm looking for a solution.  However I think it's a phone/firmware issue with Nokia's software rather than a Spotify one since it also does the same thing on both Amazon Music and Google Play Music apps too.  It does it with multiple different headset's too as I've tried Apple, Sennheiser and Westone headset buttons with the same result and works with the screen on so not a cable issue either.

The work around I found is to stop the track with a single click then double click to move to the next track and resume playing... clumbersome but less so than taking your phone out of your pocket.

Thanks for the tip! Hope it gets fixed soon.

Suggested posts