Country

USA

Device

Motorola Moto E4

Operating System

Android Nougat

Spotify App Version

My Question or Issue

I am unable to sort songs in a playlist. Per the instructions in the Sort and Filter help page, I should be able to sort songs in a playlist by doing the following: [1. Go to the playlist you’d like to sort. 2. Tap (3 vertical dots) in the top-right corner. 3. Tap Sort playlist. 4. Tap how you’d like to sort e.g. by Recently added.] This does not work for me. When I go into the playlist I want to sort and use the 3 dot menu, the only options I see are: add songs, make collaborative, rename playlist, delete playlist, share, and make secret. In that order. How can I sort songs in a playlist on my android device?

spotify screen cap.png
3 Replies

Loxer
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @JamsFlams, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Unfortunately, since repeating songs and playing them on demand is a Premium feature only. You can learn more here what you can do with the free version.

Since the you will be able to play only on a shuffle tied mode, the order of the songs won't make any impact on it.

Hope it helps 🙂

LoxerRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

JamsFlams
Casual Listener
Please read the issue description again. I'm not having an issue with the repeat, shuffle, or play on demand functions. I know that while using the free version I cannot play songs in a certain order. Per this page (https://support.spotify.com/us/article/sorting-and-filtering/) I know that sorting within a playlist is possible. The instructions to find the sort option for mobile and what I see in the attached image do not match up. That is the issue for which I'm needing a resolution.

Loxer
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @JamsFlams,

Per my last reply, sorting on mobile for the free version users is not possible, because whatever the place of the song the playlist will be played in shuffle.

Hope it helps 🙂

LoxerRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS