Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play text changed to black

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceS21Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueThe issue is the "Shuffle Play" text turned black.  

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device S21 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue The issue is the "Shuffle Play" text turned black.    
  • OLDJayTheXXVII
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution missing downloaded tracks

PlanPremiumCountryCzech Republic DeviceRedmi note 8proOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueDownloaded tracks are missing. There were two days ago. But not today. There is nothing to listen to offline. Tried reloading the app. Tried restarti...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Republic   Device Redmi note 8pro Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Downloaded tracks are missing. There were two days ago. But n...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution None of the buttons and icons showing in the app.

So I recently updated my MIUI software on my Redmi Note 10 Pro. Now when I open Spotify, none of the buttons (play, shuffle, queue, etc...) And small icons such as the green downloaded indicator are showing. I've searched on the internet for people w...

Screenshot_2022-03-05-20-15-00-645_com.spotify.music.jpg
  • So I recently updated my MIUI software on my Redmi Note 10 Pro. Now when I open Spotify, none of the buttons (play, shuffle, queue, etc...) And small icons such as the green downloaded indicator are ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Group Session bugs

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9 My Question or Issue Just testing out the Group Session feature this morning at work with my friend, and having some issues. First off, if i connected with my headphones unplugged, then plugged them i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy 9   My Question or Issue   Just testing out the Group Session feature this morning at work with my friend, and having some issu...
  • Moszeaa
  • 18 replies
  • 17 likes
  • Android
    Galaxy S9
    Group Session
  • 18 replies
  • 17 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't retain downloads and downloads every day

PlanPremium Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI have set my liked songs to download. Now whenever I open spotify on my phone, the download starts. It completes, but next day when I open the app again it starts downloading again and all the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I have set my liked songs to download. Now whenever I open spotify on my phone, the download starts. It completes, but ...
  • aneeshsharma
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloads
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Volume control on LG Soundbar jumps to 50%

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10, Iphone12 LG DSP11RAOperating SystemAndroid and IOS My Question or IssueHi,the issue i have is, that when i stream musk trough the app to the soundbar and than want to change the volume by using the m...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S10, Iphone12 LG DSP11RA Operating System Android and IOS   My Question or Issue Hi, the issue i have is, that when i stream musk tr...
  • Eni
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to change download location to SD card

So, Spotify decided to delete all of my downloaded songs last night and tried automatically re-downloading all of them onto my phone's internal storage, completely filling it up. Is there any way I can change the download location back to my SD card?...

• Regular
  • So, Spotify decided to delete all of my downloaded songs last night and tried automatically re-downloading all of them onto my phone's internal storage, completely filling it up. Is there any way I c...
  • Elena
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app is forcing me to play music I don't want to play

PlanPremiumGermany DevicePixel 4Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issue I'm trying to play music on my Spotify App through my SONOS speaker. I go to an album and try to play a song and Spotify is overriding my selection and forcing me to list...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Germany   Device Pixel 4 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue   I'm trying to play music on my Spotify App through my SONOS speaker. I go to ...
  • Yordan
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Swipe to Queue

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueSpotify has still not implemented a swipe to queue feature on android. This is absurd. People have been asking for this for almost 5 years. How much time c...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Galaxy S8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Spotify has still not implemented a swipe to queue feature on android. Thi...
  • Gannondank
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 75 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 75 likes

Easier queuing

I'm sure this must affect lots of users, hopefully this feature could be added easily. Essentially, I might be listening to a playlist and decide I want to listen to a few tracks next so I try and queue them. It's incredibly difficult to hit the "men...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm sure this must affect lots of users, hopefully this feature could be added easily.   Essentially, I might be listening to a playlist and decide I want to listen to a few tracks next so I t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[android]User Interface

Premium - Samsung Galaxy S8There are a lot of features available on the iOS version of Spotify that I feel would benefit android users as well. For example, iOS users can swipe to add a song to their queue, and they can modify the order of songs in t...

• Premium - Samsung Galaxy S8 There are a lot of features available on the iOS version of Spotify that I feel would benefit android users as well. For example, iOS users can swipe to add a song to the...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify serving IOS more than android

It has been said thousands of times, please roll out the slide to add to queue and similar features to Android as well as IOS. PlanPremiumCountry DeviceOppo A9Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issueupdate android spotify

• Casual Listener
  • It has been said thousands of times, please roll out the slide to add to queue and similar features to Android as well as IOS.  Plan Premium Country   Device Oppo A9 Operating System...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked songs, question

PlanPremiumCountryUsaDevice Samsung Galaxy a20Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI like goin song to song and was wonderin why when i listen to liked songs it skips like 20 songs out of nowhere, and is there a way to have swipe to add to que...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Usa Device  Samsung Galaxy a20 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I like goin song to song and was wonderin why when i listen to liked songs it s...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app lacks basic features

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceOnePlus 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueThe Android app lacks basic features present on other platforms. I have used an iPhone for the past couple of years and when I made the switch to Android, ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device OnePlus 7 Pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue The Android app lacks basic features present on other platforms. I have used an...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Android App
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Will Android users get the refreshed UI that iOS users got?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceASUS ZenFone MaxOperating SystemAndroid 7 My Question or Issue I In late February last year, Spotify introduced a new UI design. I would like to know if Android users will get this UI update because it has been more than a y...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device ASUS ZenFone Max Operating System Android 7   My Question or Issue I  In late February last year, Spotify introduced a new UI design. I would like t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Please! Make spotify more like the IOS app

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhy is the IOS app so much better? It's far better on my iPhone 6. I have a screenshot of both. The main features that are missing are:- Swiping right on a so...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Why is the IOS app so much better? It's far better on my iPhone 6. I have a screen...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Why is the Android app so much behind the iOS app?

Okay, so before I start the rant, I'd like to say that I'm a big fan of Android and have been using Android since 2011, and I can't even imagine myself using iOS phone, but the iOS app is just much better than the Android app. For example,-in my opin...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay, so before I start the rant, I'd like to say that I'm a big fan of Android and have been using Android since 2011, and I can't even imagine myself using iOS phone, but the iOS app is just m...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution When will we receive the UI update iOS got months ago on android?

As the title says, Android users are yet to get the UI update which we were promised months ago along with the basic swipe to queue feature. Apple Music for Android got the UI update before y'all could **bleep**. Please give a definitive answer, the ...

• As the title says, Android users are yet to get the UI update which we were promised months ago along with the basic swipe to queue feature. Apple Music for Android got the UI update before y'all cou...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! [Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Add Swipe to Queue for Android

Add Swipe to Queue for Android

• Add Swipe to Queue for Android
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies