Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help me understand how to use Spotify Connect

Solved!

Help me understand how to use Spotify Connect

I and my wife each have a samsung note 3 phone. While I am driving to work in the car and she is at the gym miles away she always starts playing music on my phone. And from what She tells me she can't hear any music on her phone.

This morning I say a popup asking me which device I wanted to listen to music on. I wanted to listen to what I was playing NOT what she is playing.

How do I prevent her from controlling what I hear on my phone? How can she listent to what she wants to?

Can I use this on 3 devices or NOT?

From what I read in the documentation this is only supposed to work over wifi. When I am driving in my car I am NOT on wifi.

I read somewhere I can make my device off line and I have to pull over every friggin morning to do this. Then when I actually want to download something again I have to make it online buried in the settings again.

I just don't understand why you guys thing having one phone play music on another phone that is miles aways is a good feature unless you are trying to keep me from listening to music on more than one device at the same time. Is this what you are trying to do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there. It sounds to me like you are sharing a single Spotify account?

WSpotify cannot support this as the terms and conditions of your account state that each account should be individual and account sharing is in breach of your T's & C's.

the only suggestion I can give us that you create a second account for your wife.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

That's the one. All devices are linked to an account so you can only listen on one device at a time.

Android Troubleshooting:

View solution in original post

7 Replies

That's really odd. It shouldn't be able to access her phone from miles away. My recommendation would be to log out on both devices and try it on one at a time. 

Give that a shot and let us know what happens. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram

No. I switched to a note 5 and even offline mode does not stop it. I am curious how many concurrent devices am I allowed to listen on at once for a single membership. Nothing seems clear in the documentation. Can someone explain what a single premium membership actually gives? How many offline devices. How many at the same time? etc. Very confused.

Marked as solution

Hi there. It sounds to me like you are sharing a single Spotify account?

WSpotify cannot support this as the terms and conditions of your account state that each account should be individual and account sharing is in breach of your T's & C's.

the only suggestion I can give us that you create a second account for your wife.

Android Troubleshooting:

Thank You yes I am but I had no idea this was a restriction. Please provide the link where this is stated. I cannot find this anywhere on the premium subription features page.

https://whttps://www.spotify.com/us/legal/end-user-agreement/ww.spotify.com/us/legal/end-user-agreem...I found this page. Which section is it in? I can't find it anywhere.

OK found it 

You promise and agree that you are using the Content for your own personal, non-commercial, entertainment use and that you will not redistribute or transfer the Spotify Service or the Content.

Marked as solution

That's the one. All devices are linked to an account so you can only listen on one device at a time.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts