Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help with spotify connect devices

Solved!

Help with spotify connect devices

Hi , 

I have a spotify premium account on my devices and i would like to know, can I use my IPhone on spotify to connect to my android tablet which is attached to speakers.

So i play it on my phone, and then using Spotify connect to play it on my Tablet which is connected to speakers.

Is this possible? , also i can't find the connect icon on the Spotify android app?

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It should be possible. The connect button on android appears in album cover view at the bottom, alongside the play controls.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

It should be possible. The connect button on android appears in album cover view at the bottom, alongside the play controls.

Yes, that will be possible. If you don't have the speaker button on android device, then Connect is not enabled for your account yet (this feature is still rolling out)

When is spotify connect available to more accounts.  I joined premium at the same time someone else joined - they can use connect and I can not.  This was a key reason I subscribed to premium now may want to cancel.  

@poisike wrote:
Yes, that will be possible. If you don't have the speaker button on android device, then Connect is not enabled for your account yet (this feature is still rolling out)

@poisike wrote:

The roll out is still ongoing all of the time, but Spotify very rarely comment on what % of accounts have the feature. Do you have a Connect enabled speaker or are you trying to control multiple devices?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm trying to control mulitiple devices.  My friend and I got Spoitfy about the same time - he can controll between his iPad and Iphone - I can nott.

@kvlarson wrote:

I'm trying to control mulitiple devices.  My friend and I got Spoitfy about the same time - he can controll between his iPad and Iphone - I can nott.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, this feature is still being rolled out. It's a gradual per-user roll-out so your friend probably has Connect enabled, and you o not. Hopefully you should have this functionality soon.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts