High battery drain when connected to Galaxy Watch Active

Highlighted

Re: High battery drain when connected to Galaxy Watch Active

Visitor

I also have this issue on a Active Watch 2, but I might have found a fix for this issue. 

In the Spotify app, under settings, untick the option Automatic 'carmode' when BlueTooth is detected (or something like that) 

Now when you close the Spotify app on the phone, it no longer keeps the connection alive with Active Fit watch (after a few seconds). 

If you want to use the remote function on the watch, you need to open the spotify app first and the connection will come alive again.  

Casual Listener

SAME PROBLEM!!!

I have force stopped the app on my phone and done a reboot on my watch (without opening or using Spotify) -- I still get constant notifications on my watch that Spotify is draining my battery and indeed, my battery does seem to be depleting too quickly given that I am not currently using GPS or anything like that.  WHY AREN'T ANY SPOTIFY ENGINEERS MONITORING THIS FORUM AND PROVIDING A FIX????

Highlighted

Hey there @IanStuart

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We're currently aware of an issue causing Android mobile devices to experience this app behavior. This issue is being investigated by our best tech-folks. 

If you experience the same, go to this Ongoing Issue and click on the +VOTE to support our investigation.

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
SUGGESTED POSTS