Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home page turned into vertical view

Home page turned into vertical view

My android spotify homepage just shifted to a style where I can no longer scroll horizontally through subsections on the homepage, and must now scroll vertically through an infinitely long list of random individual items from across spotify's usual homescreen offerings. This change makes navigating through homepage sections like 'New Releases for You' and 'Because You Listened to...' impossible as they're now mixed up and spread out as individual, large icons. I think having all the offerings of a suggestion on the homepage being being located together makes it much simpler to actually take advantage of the suggestion, and also allows me to view more music in a more organized way on my homepage than this new style. I think some kind of horizontal subsection should be brought back to the home screen, so when I get the suggestion 'Because of my Recent Listening', I have more than a singular item in the suggestion.

3 Replies

Hi @TL93,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this in the Community!

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the recent changes we're currently testing on the Android Home hub. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to get this passed on to the right team!

Let us know if there is anything else you need help with in the meantime 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem.... AWFUL!!!

pls roll it back or add option to choice view

Thanks

I raised this exact issue a few months ago, and it changed back to the usual layout after a week. I assumed Spotify realised it was an awful design so switched it back.

It's just reappeared this week, and it's still just as useless.

An artist I listen to frequently has just released a new album today. Instead of that showing on my home screen, it's showing me a new release from a week ago. 

This new layout is counterintuitive and needs changing back. I'm tired of Spotify making the app worse. It's honestly garbage at this point. At this rate it won't be long until I switch to a different service.

Suggested posts