How can I add whole album to existing playlist? (lost since updating to v0.5.0.1247)

Solved!

How can I add whole album to existing playlist? (lost since updating to v0.5.0.1247)

Edited
Concert Regular

Hi,

Since a recent Spotify update, I seem to have lost the ability to add a whole album to an existing playlist.

I have noticed this problem since Spotify updated on my mobile to v0.5.0.1247 (I don't know what version I had prior to this).  The overall changes are a great improvement, but I miss this feature.

Does anyone know a workaround?  (Perhaps this function is accessible somewhere I haven't noticed)

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I add whole album to existing playlist? (lost since updating to v0.5.0.1247)

Music Lover
Seriously stupid. It's frustrating enough to rant about on Facebook. Time to cancel
45 Replies

Re: How can I add whole album to existing playlist? (lost since updating to v0.5.0.1247)

Community Legend
No its missing. Only way to do it now is either song by song or via the desktop app
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Garage Band

you can't do it. 

spotify decided for you that you don't want to do this. 

Community Legend

Music Fan

If they continu to act like this, I seriously consider to cancel my premium subscription !

Music Fan
I spent 45 mins this morning trying to add albums to an existing playlist before I Googled the question. This is very inconvenient SPOTIFY! Please go back to the old way. Also, how about a setting allowing you to toggle between alphabetical playlists and most recent?

Concert Regular

Spotify, please can you add this functionality (back) to the mobile app? PLEASE?!

Music Fan
Please please... I rarely use my computer, please re-add the function back!

Music Fan
Its surely too dumb that they missed this by mistake. The cynic in me says there's a commercial reason they removed the 'Add album to playlist' button. Since they did, its made me use spotify a lot less, but I'm still paying so maybe its working out for them = same subs revenue but less royalties is more profit. Not a good sign whichever it is.

Edited
Community Legend

Option isn't removed.

Click "New Playlist" or add to one playlist you already have. Need to check where or if this option in Android.

I use mobile app just to listen radio or my playlist, I update my playlists at home when PC and big screen.

Dancecore streaming everywhere with unlimited 2M/2M mobile 3G network.
SUGGESTED POSTS