How can I downgrade?

Solved!

How can I downgrade?

ReallyRandy
Regular

Since the new Android app is crap I need to downgrade to the previous version which actually works. How can I do that?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: How can I downgrade?

neo-x
Community Legend
https://www.dropbox.com/s/is8edr5rwjl22z7/SpotifyAndroid.apk

There's an older version that has screen orientation / rotation when you plug your device to a dock for example.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Solution!

neo-x
Community Legend
Let me check.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9bwd3qqx2x286h/SpotifyAndroid.apk

Version is: 0.4.12.180

The other one was 0.4.12.153 and had few bugs.

That link that I provided is the newer one and supports screen rotation + SD card option.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

20 Replies
Solution!

neo-x
Community Legend
https://www.dropbox.com/s/is8edr5rwjl22z7/SpotifyAndroid.apk

There's an older version that has screen orientation / rotation when you plug your device to a dock for example.

Brainfish
Gig Goer

Will this version allow you to set the SD Card location?

Solution!

neo-x
Community Legend
Let me check.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9bwd3qqx2x286h/SpotifyAndroid.apk

Version is: 0.4.12.180

The other one was 0.4.12.153 and had few bugs.

That link that I provided is the newer one and supports screen rotation + SD card option.

Brainfish
Gig Goer

Excellent. Thanks. No point in having a 32Gb card and not being able to use it :)

neo-x
Community Legend

No Problems - Glad to help - Agree - Big SD card -> Why not keep it sync'd and in usage :)

Brunla
Casual Listener
Do you know if 4.12.180 is the very last version before the update a few days ago? I want whatever that one is back.

neo-x
Community Legend
I'm not 100% sure since there is no version history available like many other software providers have.

user-removed
Not applicable

excellent, thanks.

there are some nice features with the new app, including the UI and particularly the ability to pause/play and fwd/back from the lock screen. but losing the local files and ability to story on the SD card was a deal breaker for me.

i'll hold out with the old app until this feature is restored.

Brainfish
Gig Goer

@ghileman

If you install the older version that neo-x has provided, you can set the storage location then upgrade to the latest version via the app store.

Installing then upgrading retains the storage location and allows everything to be stored where you want it. i.e. I now have almost 30Gb of playlists on my external SD Card on my Galaxy SII

If you install straight from the latest version you can't do this. It's a slight inconvenience, but an easy workaround

SUGGESTED POSTS