Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I replay a podcast episode?

How can I replay a podcast episode?

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

How do I listen to a podcast episode that I've already listened to? I often fall asleep listening to a podcast, but I still want to listen to the full episode awake. When I try to play the episode, I get about a half second of the end, and then it plays the next one.

I tried searching for this issue but did not find it. Apologies if it's already solved somewhere.

16 Replies

I'm having the same issue. Any solution?

Hey @UtrechtL0ve and @LadySadieV,

Thanks for raising this with us - we'll be happy to help you out here 🙂

We tried to reproduce this issue on our end using an Android device, but everything seems to be working OK.

Just to confirm, are you seeing the played podcast like this (with the green bar filled):

podcast.png

In any case, would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here if you need any help 🙂

I did a clean reinstall, and it's still the same. It looks exactly like your screen shot. When you click on one where it's completely at the end, there's no option to replay it. You click in it, it starts for about half a second, then skips to the next episode, and will keep skipping episodes until it comes to one that hasn't been played. 

Screenshot_20181115-204329.png

Hey @LadySadieV and @UtrechtL0ve,

Thanks for getting back to us with that info!

Could you try logging in using another account and seeing if the issue persists? This will help us determine whether there is an issue with your account or with the device that you are using.

Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂

I have the exact same problem. 20 or 30 podcasts stuck at 1 to 7 minutes remaining but nothing plays.

motorola G4 play

android 7.1.1

spotify 8.4.82.664

Hey @Stinky_Jim.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the delay!

It seems that you're using an outdated version of the Spotify app (the latest for Android is 8.4.83). Could you make sure it's updated and see if the issue persists?

If that doesn't work, could you possibly send us a screenshot showing us what you mean by the podcasts being stuck at 1 to 7 minutes remaining? 

We'll be looking out for your reply in case you need any more help from us 🙂

Please look at th screenshot at the start of this thread. I tweeted spotifycares, and they had to reset my offline cache, whatever that means. That has fixed my issue for now. As a result, I had to download my 3000 songs again for the thirst time this week.

Also, please get rid of the recaptcha for these posts. I usually have to click through 3 or 4 screens every time. So annoying.

Can confirm. Have the same issue here.

Cannot replay on desktop, cannot replay on Android. Quite annoying!

Desktop: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS / Spotify 1.0.94.262.g3d5c231c

Android: Samsung Galaxy S9 / Spotify 8.4.83.625

In the image: Cannot replay "Laughing Buddha" at all

Screenshot from 2018-12-13 12-45-02.png

Hey @Stinky_Jim,

Glad you were able to get this resolved with the help of our @SpotifyCares team!

@xeracon - thanks for letting us know and for providing that info.

Could you let us know the steps to reproduce on Desktop/Android for trying to replay the podcast episode within the app? We'll try them on our end.

Would you also mind trying this on another (Free) account on both devices and seeing if the issue persists?

We'll be looking out for your reply!

With the last update, my problems all returned. I have given up. Either I have to live with the software faults or cancel my subscription. Than you for your help. So long for now.

I have just recently discovered that Spotify is able to play podcasts. So I've played the Radical Candor podcast and enjoyed that it automatically continues where it left. However, I wished to replay one particularly interesting episode, but I couldn't: the moment I hit play it skipped all played episodes right until it found a not-yet-played one. Fighting with Spotify controls I nearly crashed my car; this UX flaw made me so furious.

I have the newest Spotify Android installed on my Android 9 Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.

What ultimately helped is when I marked that particular episode as played (???); then I hit play on that episode and it started to play properly.

Hey folks,

Thanks for raising this with us.

This is something that we are aware of, but we don't currently have a timeframe for a fix.

We suggest you head over to the relevant thread here and leave a vote and add any feedback you have as a comment in the thread. We'll make sure to let you know as soon as we have any updates in the thread itself.

Thanks! 

I have the same problem of not being able to go back and listen to a "played" episode. My work around was to download the episode I wanted to replay, from the download I then quickly and repeatly pressed the 15 sec rewind button to get enough of the progress bar to drag back to the beginning of the episode. Not too elegant, but I was able to listen to the entire episode from the beginning again.

Ugh.  What a huge hassle! 

I am having the same problem. Sounds like a programming error.  Fix it, Spotify!!

I had the same issue. It only came up after I listened to a podcast on my phone and then I ran into the issue on my computer.

For me I was able to get around it by going on my phone, going to the episode in question and marking is as played. Once that was done I could play it again on my computer, no issue.

It's very very annoying, take it from the backlog and put it in a sprint soon please 😜

Suggested posts