Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I hide the DJ and automixes?

Solved!

How do I hide the DJ and automixes?

Using the Android App, the new Beta DJ takes up the entire screen (on 4/13/2023). I want to be able to dismiss or hide the DJ interface. How can I do that? If I can't do that, please add that feature. I am able to dismiss the Artist specific mixes using the "Not interested" context menu option.

I want to see and select albums the way the interface previously worked.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @eniad,

Thanks for getting back to us.

What you're seeing is our new Home feed UI. If you have any feedback regarding this change, we encourage you to share it here.

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @eniad,

Thanks for reaching out.

The DJ mode is only active when you start it from the DJ button. To stop it, simply press Stop and start a track from a playlist or album as usual.

If we haven't understood your issue correctly, please provide a bit more info and a short screen recording or a few screenshots of how things look on your end.

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator

Thank you for your reply. My issue is about the interface, not playback.

The blue DJ block below takes up the entire Music tab. You can see in the screenshots that I am listening to a song but the DJ block is still there. The home tab is worse because it's just podcasts, which I am not interested in.

Screenshot_20230415-100912.png

This second screenshot is slightly scrolled down to showing a playlist I am not interested in. It also plays a preview of the playlist while my other music is still playing. (I was able to mute the playlist preview with the mute icon.) I want to see album covers here.

Screenshot_20230415-100946.png

This new interface does not help me find music at all. It makes listening to full album difficult. I have rolled by to version 8.8.16.615. I'll keep that version until the interface improves or a setting allows the album only. A setting would be ideal; I appreciate the fact that different user want to use the app differently.

For reference, this is the album cover layout of version 8.8.16.615.

Screenshot_20230415-103429.png

I noticed I am comparing different tabs, so I also grabbed screenshots of the home tab in the new version (8.8.24.408). The large blue DJ block is in the Music tab of both versions of the app. My question still stands on how to dismiss that block. However my complaint needs to be modified. I do not like the large blocks of a podcast, playlist, or album I am not interest in. I prefer to see album covers displayed in the more compact layout of version 8.8.16.615.

The home tab top option is a podcast. I've never listened to a podcast.

Screenshot_20230415-105511.png

The next option is a new album I am not interested in.

Screenshot_20230415-105535.png

I should not have to scroll so much to see albums. There should be an option for 'compact layout' or similar.

Marked as solution

Hey @eniad,

Thanks for getting back to us.

What you're seeing is our new Home feed UI. If you have any feedback regarding this change, we encourage you to share it here.

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator

Thank you. I have added my feedback to that thread.

This is marked as the solution, but it's not a solution.  What I get from this is, "This is the way things are going to be, but if you have feedback, post it in another thread (where it'll simply be ignored)."

My actual solution has been to turn off updates to the app. Now I see they have added the DJ to the Windows desktop, I'll be turning off updates to that as well if I can.

Please describe (step by step) how to undo the DJ AI feature which was mysteriously shoved down my throat.

Suggested posts