NEXT STEP

Song Downloaded icon not showing...

Song Downloaded icon not showing...

Device

OnePlus 5

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

Earlier I was able to use the Downloaded song marker/icon as a kind of marker of songs already are in my playlist. However, now this marker/icon is gone everywhere else than in the playlist they are downloaded to (which seems completely *bleep*). This creates a whole lot of hassle when skipping through artists' albums not knowing if I've already heard and collected the songs I like.

Either create a completely new marker which tells that the song is currently in one of your Playlists - and then make us able to show in which particular playlist. Or just simply bring back the Downloaded marker so I atleast can exploit that one...

inCollage_20181209_220519341.jpg
19 Replies

Hey @QualiAwe.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the late reply!

We tried reproducing this in our end by following these steps, but everything seems to be working normally:

• Create a playlist and add Syd by Hosini to a playlist
  • Download Syd for offline listening from the playlist
  • Go to the album containing the song (Soul Search)
  • Song appears as downloaded with green icon

Would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience, including this one.

Let us know how you get on! If you need further help, we'll be right here.

This has also started happening to me several updates ago. It used to work fine. I have followed your steps in clearing data and reinstalling, twice.

I have a OnePLus 6T on Android 10, Spotify version 8.5.31.676.

In my screen shots below you can see that the song doesn't have the download icon but the second screen shots clearly shows that its a liked song that has been downloaded with the accompanying icon in the 'Liked' playlist.

Screenshot_20191111-133103.jpg

Screenshot_20191111-133626__01.jpg

Hello @Peter ,

I'd like to piggy bag in this 4 year old thread becaue I have the same issue now. I tried a clean reinstall but it wont work. The "Downloaded Icon" somehow only appears on the first song of an album, if it does at all. I'm on Android 12 with my Galaxy A71. Any ideas how to fix? I'm very dependant on this feature working...

Screenshot_20221019-141429_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221019-141440_Spotify.jpg

Hey @Möngie,

Thank you for your reply in this thread!

Can you let us know if you've created the playlist from the album itself or you've added the songs from the Popular page or some other place? If you didn't create the playlist from the album it's possible that they are different uploads of the songs. That might be the reason why you're not seeing downloaded icon.

If you're sure they are the same version, it's possible that this is caused by the saved cache on your profile, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support team through one of the channels here. They should be able to check what's going on.

We hope this clears things up. Take care!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello @Lyibka, thanks for the quick reply.

i am 100% certain the songs are from the album itself. I tried multiple songs, all with the same result. It only shows the icon on the first song of each album, even if the whole album is downloaded.

I cleared the cache twice now, both in the spotify settings as well as in my phone settings, also no results 😞

Hey @Möngie,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Just to confirm, did you follow the steps in this article to perform a clean reinstall? By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience.

On another note, would you mind sharing the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you have running?

Lastly, is there an external SD card installed on your device? If the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick, you can remove it and reinstall the app in the internal memory of your device. Make sure to use the app without inserting the SD card again. Let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hi again @AlejaR

I did another clean reinstall and removed my SD card. A new installation had the same results. The download icon only appears on the first song of each album, evven if the whole thing is downloaded. Tried multiple songs with multiple playlists. One thing I found out that this also happens on my wives phone, who uses the same account. I also often use my phone to control the playback on our fire TV stick. Could this be a cause of the problem? Anyways, I'm on version 8.7.78.373 on my Galaxy A71 with Android 12, Build number SP1A.210812.016.A715FXXU8CVD1 , hope that helps!

Hey Möngie,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please reinstall the app on both devices and check if the issue persists before downloading anything on your wife's phone? Also, make sure that the app is set as an exception in any memory or battery optimizing services,

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem and it just started two weeks ago... you should do an application update to fix the problem...

Hey @Math004,

Thank you for your reply in this thread!

We'd like to gather as much info as possible in order to advise you better. Would you mind letting us know exactly what troubleshooting you've tried so far to fix this? This'll help us avoid repeating steps.

On another note, any screenshots you can provide would also come in handy and we can investigate this further.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

LyubkaModerator

Hello again, sorry for the wait. I've found out that on my wife's phone the same issue exists. I tried uninstalling the spotify app on both devices and installed it anew only on my phones. Same issue: The "Downloaded Icon" only shows on the first song of any album.

I attached 3 screenshots: the first is a playlist I downloaded. The second is an album where the downloaded song is the first one: here the icon shows properly. The third is of an album where the downloaded song is not the first, here there is no downloaded icon. Both albums featured the correct version of the songs.

Screenshot_20221120-093919_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221120-093927_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221120-093947_Spotify.jpg

Hey @Möngie,

Thanks for the reply and the descriptive screenshots.

In order for us to be sure that the issue is or isn't on your end, we'd like you to try a different account on your device to check if the same experience occurs.

If the issue does occur, we'll relay the provided info to our tech team for review.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hello,

I tried using my parent's account and had the same issue sadly. In the meantime I made a fun discovery! 

If I download the whole album and then stop the download, then the icons appear correctly. Kinda like the app needs a reminder that these songs are already downloaded. I've attached a video bellw because it's hard to capture in words or pictures...

Hey @Möngie,

Thanks for the reply.

Our developers are aware of the described issue, but we aren't capable of committing to a timeline on a fix or that this issue will take precedence over more pressing ones. Rest assured we're constantly trying to improve the app, but there will always be some polishing left to do. We hope you understand this.

Thanks!

DianModerator

Hello team, I have just started using Spotify recently. I'm also facing the same issue as described. Though multiple songs are downloaded from the same album, the green downloaded icon shows up only for the first song of the album

I had the same problem. Cause of the problem is the hearth symbol. When it is not green downloaded songs will not have the green icon, when you make it green they are back to green. In the posted pictures in the thread you can see the hearth icon is not green. 

It has been over 4 months and the download button is still not shaking up for me

We're pretty far down the road from this post and I'm still having the same issue. Download icons on songs are just dropping off on my playlists. Wqs the timeline infinite? Paying for this service, btw, at least for now.

Hey @rassy7,

Thanks for your reply here.

We're currently investigating a similar issue on this thread. We'd recommend taking a look at it and providing us there with the info we'll need to continue investigating.

Nonetheless, if you notice the behavior you're experiencing is different from what's mentioned in the above thread, please send us a detailed description of what's happening on your side. Please send us the make/model and OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you're running there. Make sure to send us all the troubleshooting you've followed so far, that way we can avoid repeating any steps.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts