Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I minimize storageuse for Spotify?

How do I minimize storageuse for Spotify?

Spotify takes upp 5,7 GB storage on my galaxy s5. I have none offline lists according to Spotify. I have tried to delete playlists anyhow but I still have 5,7 GB gone because of Spotify. Is it supposed to take this much storage? What am I doing wrong?
2 Replies

That sounds strange. If you reinstall spotify as described here, it should fix that.

Hello @Beskos. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Apps taking up storage space can be a pain sometimes - let's look into the issue and see if we can free up some of your phone's storage space!

When you stream songs in the Spotify mobile app, it needs to use a bit of your internal storage to cache the songs, playlist, or album you're listening to. A lot of apps do this so playback doesn't stutter or dropout (buffering) in the event that your WiFi or cellular connection is lost.

However, you can reclaim some of that lost storage space easily.

Free up your phone storage again:

1.  Open the Spotify mobile app
  2. Tap on the Menu Icon in the upper left of your screen
  3. Then tap on the Gear Icon in the lower right of your menu
  4. Swipe/Scroll all the way to the bottom
  5. Tap on the Delete cache and saved data menu item

Keep in mind this will essentially start you over with a blank Spotify mobile app, freeing up any space used by the the app. You won't lose your saved tracks, play history, or account related data however - you'll just need to log back in with your Spotify username and password when you launch the app again.

You can achieve the same effect by uninstalling the Spotify mobile app and re-downloading it again from the Google Play Store, or by going into your phone's Settings menu, tapping on Applications, then tapping on Spotify, and then tapping on Clear Data/Clear Cache.

If this get's you back on track, I've left a track for you to check out below:

Suggested posts