Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I play a specific song using Google Voice

Solved!

How do I play a specific song using Google Voice

I've looked all over and no answer to this question, it's a fairly simple requests in my opinion but it seems to be impossible to implement using Google Voice.

When I say, "Okay Google play Third Eye Blind Misfits" for example it will play Third Eye Blind most played song semi-charmed life from their artist page I'm a fairly Advanced user and I'm willing to program or download a program to get this automation when I'm driving cuz it's really annoying not to be able to play a specific song while driving.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling from my android and tried again, same thing she said "ok" and just opened Spotify, didn't play anything nor go to the song or artist.

I tried customer support and they said, 

"Hey there,

Thanks for sending those details over. We really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, we believe that playing a specific song with Google Voice isn't available right now. It will only recognize the artist, but not the song you want. 

For a list of voice commands you can use, you can refer here.

We hope this helps. If you have other questions, we'll always be more than happy to assist.

Have a nice day,

Jorrel

"Let the music diffuse all the tension" - Nas

Spotify Customer Support"

So I guess it's a "known issue" but it only affects certain people and they can't debug it 😞

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I guess you can't.  This bites.

Hey!

It's really simple.

Say "Okay Google" and when it prompts you say "Play Misfits by Third Eye Blind on Spotify". I just tried and it worked for me. I have to admit it's not really smart.

Let us know if it worked!

Tried that, she said "here ya go!" then proceeded to open spotify and
didn't bother playing anything, it's sitting on the last song I was on when
I paused it 😞
Marked as solution

I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling from my android and tried again, same thing she said "ok" and just opened Spotify, didn't play anything nor go to the song or artist.

I tried customer support and they said, 

"Hey there,

Thanks for sending those details over. We really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, we believe that playing a specific song with Google Voice isn't available right now. It will only recognize the artist, but not the song you want. 

For a list of voice commands you can use, you can refer here.

We hope this helps. If you have other questions, we'll always be more than happy to assist.

Have a nice day,

Jorrel

"Let the music diffuse all the tension" - Nas

Spotify Customer Support"

So I guess it's a "known issue" but it only affects certain people and they can't debug it 😞

Suggested posts