Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I stop Spotify from playing while using other player (Bluetooth)

How do I stop Spotify from playing while using other player (Bluetooth)

Hello, whenever I use other music player on my Android phone while connected to the car audio via Bluetooth, Spotify wakes up and starts playing at the same time.

I pause/stop Spotify, a few seconds later the playback starts automatically. I close Spotify, but the application starts itself and starts playing. I even kill the app, but it starts automagically again and starts playing.

It happens every time my phone is connected to the car audio and I use other players.

I did not have such issue with Tidal, so it is neither an issue with my car audio (Jeep UCONNECT) nor my phone. It happens only with Spotify.

Can anyone give me a hint how to get rid of this annoying "feature"?

Thanks and best regards

Plan

Premium

Spotify version

8.4.75.670 armV7

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

3 Replies

First of all I would check your Spotify application settings and internal settings to see if you can manually turn off your device connecting to any available bluetooth devices! 

Secondly have you tried shutting down the app completly, access your phone settings, choose apps, find spotify app and kill all processes? It may also be useful to clear spotifys cache..

Third option would be no remove all bluetooth devices from your phones history  and delete your phone from your car radio bluetooth and set up your device again new, having too many active bluetooth devices registered to one phone, in my experience can sometimes lead to technical issues!

Hope this helps you out!

Hi, thank you for your hints. Unfortunately, none of them worked in my case. As long as Spotify is installed the app is being started as soon as phone connects to my car audio system. It would be even acceptable, but it starts playing immediately. I could not find any option to prevent Spotify from autoplaying though.

brgds

My experience with BT devices is that they all start the playback automatically after the connection has been established. Android has a setting simular to "Default Music Player" and this app will be started. But it should only start the playback after connecting. After presssing stop/pause, it should not start the playback automatically again. If that is the case please check the settings in your car audio and the setting of the default music app on you android device.

Suggested posts