Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to cast offline playlists to Chromecast while in offline mode?

Solved!

How to cast offline playlists to Chromecast while in offline mode?

I have a Spotify Premium account and like to use it throughout the day while I am driving around for work. We just got a new puppy who has to occassionally stay home by himself, and I would like to play music on the Chromecast on my TV for him to listen to when I am gone. I have an old Nexus 5 that has my Spotify account on it, and several downloaded playlists available offline. However, when I turn the app to offline mode, I lose the ability to cast the music to the TV.

I would like to be able to use the Spotiy app on my main phone during the day, but also be able to cast music from my Nexus 5 for the puppy at home.

Is this possible?

I have also tried to turn off data to the Spotify app on the N5, but it doesn't appear that is possible on the Marshmallow OS. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. You are not gonna be able to use the same account in both situations at the same time. Either you are listening at work or your dog is listening at home (using the same account).  What you could do is setting up a free account for your dog on your nexus 5, that way the dog would be able to listen music randomly at home.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You'll get ads, but it should keep going with the music.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi. You are not gonna be able to use the same account in both situations at the same time. Either you are listening at work or your dog is listening at home (using the same account).  What you could do is setting up a free account for your dog on your nexus 5, that way the dog would be able to listen music randomly at home.

Got it, thank you. When streaming a free account, does it make you click "keep listening" like Pandora does every 45 minutes, or does it just continuously play until you stop it?
Marked as solution

You'll get ads, but it should keep going with the music.

Suggested posts