Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to disable/remove Android Wear OS Spotify app

How to disable/remove Android Wear OS Spotify app

A while ago I purchased a Wear OS 2.0 device, and now this device is hijacked by Spotify. Every time I look at the device, the only thing I see is the Spotify app. Of course I can swipe to display the clock but why do I have to do this every time?

Of course I realize that some people think it's cool to control Spotify from the watch, but I am not in that group. As a matter of fact, I don't want Spotify in my watch at all. How can I achieve this?

In my phone, I have disabled Spotify notifications. I have disabled the Spotify Widget. I have configured the Wear OS app to block Spotify. No luck.

I have enabled the developer options in the watch and searched for a package to uninstall, but find none that seems to be related to Spotify.

How do I get rid of Spotify on my watch?

3 Replies

Does the standard procedure to remove a Wear 2 app not work?

1. Swipe down and tap Settings.
  2. Scroll up and tap Apps.
  3. Scroll down to the app you want to remove and tap it.
  4. Tap Uninstall.
  5. Tap the checkmark to approve the changes.

No it doesn't work because there is no Spotify app to uninstall. There are only three apps in my list and none of them is Spotify.

This is called a media notification in Wear OS and shown for all media playback, not just spotify and part of the OS itself. Sadly the media notification cannot be disabled, you can disable full screen notifications though.

Suggested posts