Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

When using Chromecast audio, app closes randomly

Good day, I'm new to this forum, but I have been using Spotify Premium for 2 years now. The biggest advantage is to use Spotify with my Chromecast audio. But I have been experiencing some issues with it in the past months. When I'm listening music on...

• Good day,    I'm new to this forum, but I have been using Spotify Premium for 2 years now. The biggest advantage is to use Spotify with my Chromecast audio. But I have been experiencing s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffling albums messed up (after update?)

A couple of days ago, the shuffle function in my Spotify app (Android) suddenly got messed up - possibly after an update that took place right around that time. Before when I chose an album and hit shuffle, it would shuffle all the tracks on the albu...

• A couple of days ago, the shuffle function in my Spotify app (Android) suddenly got messed up - possibly after an update that took place right around that time.   Before when I chose an album ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Play queue
    shuffle
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot log in Spotify Android app

I have a Xiaomi Mi Mix2 (MIUI 9.5), I cannot log in the app.Upon clicking on the "login" button (after writing my username and the correct password) the button becomes "logging in" for a fraction of second and then turns back to be "login". Nothing h...

• I have a Xiaomi Mi Mix2 (MIUI 9.5), I cannot log in the app. Upon clicking on the "login" button (after writing my username and the correct password) the button becomes "logging in" for a fraction o...
  • pearlmanj
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downladed music disappears after rebooting

Sup dear community, I am using Spotify Premium with my Family. Everyone is able to use the download function without any issues. If I download something and it is done, it disappears if I do restart my phone - every single time. Could someone show me...

• Sup dear community,   I am using Spotify Premium with my Family. Everyone is able to use the download function without any issues. If I download something and it is done, it disappears if I do...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to add friends on spotify

So i found my friend on spotify by typing spotify:user:(their username code) and i can see and like their playlists but there is no button to add them and see what they are listening to. Any tips?

• So i found my friend on spotify by typing spotify:user:(their username code) and i can see and like their playlists but there is no button to add them and see what they are listening to. Any tips?
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Google Assistant specific song

Google Assistant understands my song requests (via voice command) and even repeats the song name back to me along with adding the artists name and "Playing on Spotify". See attached screenshot for an example. But Spotify doesn't actually start playin...

• Music Fan
  • Google Assistant understands my song requests (via voice command) and even repeats the song name back to me along with adding the artists name and "Playing on Spotify". See attached screenshot for an...
  • Joao_Felipe
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

local files

I've been trying to sync local files to my phone for days and have finally reached the point where they are no longer greyed out and have the green downloaded icon however when I play these songs via the phone the timeline scrolls through the correct...

• I've been trying to sync local files to my phone for days and have finally reached the point where they are no longer greyed out and have the green downloaded icon however when I play these songs via...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song and album sorting changed on my Android phone

The songs and albums in my playlist used to be sorted like this - https://imgur.com/a/Jy0Ye Now on my phone they are sorted like this - https://imgur.com/a/3aWG3 The new way they are sorted on my phone is really frustrating, and I've tried changing h...

• The songs and albums in my playlist used to be sorted like this - https://imgur.com/a/Jy0Ye   Now on my phone they are sorted like this - https://imgur.com/a/3aWG3   The new w...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Greyed out music

Hi everyone. I recently switched phones. When I did, most of the songs on playlists from iTunes are greyed out. When I log into spotify on my computer, I can pay the music. I thought it would be a local file issue, but when I logil in to spotify on m...

• Hi everyone. I recently switched phones.  When I did, most of the songs on playlists from iTunes are greyed out.  When I log into spotify on my computer,  I can pay the music.   I...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution small "crack" in music

Every once in a while there's a small "crack" in the music. It's really annoying and hopefully someone can help me xx

• Every once in a while there's a small "crack" in the music. It's really annoying and hopefully someone can help me xx
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't use the free premium (30 days)

Hi. My credit card is okay. I give the informations for the free premium but it's still not active..

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. My credit card is okay. I give the informations for the free premium but it's still not active..
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution selections and radio are not displayed

Hello. I used 3 months free premium accant. After paid subscription .no, the radio and collections have disappeared. If I install an older version of the application, then everything works.android 7.1.2. V 8.4.45.633

• Hello. I used 3 months free premium accant. After paid subscription .no, the radio and collections have disappeared. If I install an older version of the application, then everything works.android 7....
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album disappeared

Hi used to listen the following album “Il meglio dello Zecchino d’Oro” REmastered 2017 – Piccolo Coro “Mariele Ventre” but it suddenly became impossible to listen: I see it, but all the songs, save two, are listed in grey and impossible to play. Why?

• Hi used to listen the following album  “Il meglio dello Zecchino d’Oro” REmastered 2017 – Piccolo Coro “Mariele Ventre” but it suddenly became impossible to listen: I see it, but all the songs, ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify interface (Android)

Hello Spotify ! A few days ago I made a new Spotify account and everything went well until I logged on my Mobile Phone with my new Spotify account and it was different .. new interface , design , I think you know about what i'm talkin about and here ...

• Visitor
  • Hello Spotify ! A few days ago I made a new Spotify account and everything went well until I logged on my Mobile Phone with my new Spotify account and it was different .. new inte...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on my Gear S3 Classic

Hello I've been trying to get Spotify to work properly on my smartwatch and whenever I try to login (with wifi enabled) so I can get offline playlists and the works, it just tells me to get premium. I do have premium but it's premium family that I'm ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I've been trying to get Spotify to work properly on my smartwatch and whenever I try to login (with wifi enabled) so I can get offline playlists and the works, it just tells me to get ...
  • JLind
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Automatically disabling shuffle and autoplay

When I change songs manually from my playlist, with both shuffle and replay playlist on, upon changing the song both are automatically disabled. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• When I change songs manually from my playlist, with both shuffle and replay playlist on, upon changing the song both are automatically disabled. Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot login in offline mode

Hi. I have a Problem sometimes with spotify. Once or twice a week it says wen i open it on my phone that i need internet connection to login. I am using spotify mostly in offline mode and this happened on my old phone HTC desire 626 and on my New pho...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.  I have a Problem sometimes with spotify.  Once or twice a week it says wen i open it on my phone that i need internet connection to login.  I am using spotify mostly in offline...
  • Nanjun92
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on multiple devices

Hi, I know that it is not allowed to stream music on multiple devices at the same time using the same account unless we use offline mode feature. I have a question regarding that. If I am streaming music on my phone then someone else(ex. Brother) log...

• Hi,   I know that it is not allowed to stream music on multiple devices at the same time using the same account unless we use offline mode feature.    I have a question regarding t...
  • gorkemdeemirel
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get music out of shuffle?

How do i get music out of shuffle the crossed arrows have disappeared 

• How do i get music out of shuffle the crossed arrows have disappeared 
  • gorkemdeemirel
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My storage to SD card has disappeared?

It all started this morning...I walked outside and went to turn on my music as I waited on the sidewalk. I was greeted with a message with something along the lines of "... you've reached your maximum amount of 3 devices to sign into at once..." and ...

• Casual Listener
  • It all started this morning... I walked outside and went to turn on my music as I waited on the sidewalk. I was greeted with a message with something along the lines of "... you've reached your maxi...
  • Epitrix
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes