Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot log in on Android app

I've tried everything, from password resets to uninstalling/reinstalling the app. It does not work. When I click the button that says 'login' it shows no message whatsoever, it simply does not fulfil the task.

• I've tried everything, from password resets to uninstalling/reinstalling the app. It does not work. When I click the button that says 'login' it shows no message whatsoever, it simply does not fulfil...
  • gorkemdeemirel
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Music Being Deleted

So, I've seen a couple of other posts about this but none of them seem to actually be getting answered. Basically, all the playlists that I have downloaded will all be marked as if they were not downloaded at random times. I haven't found a way to re...

• Visitor
  •      So, I've seen a couple of other posts about this but none of them seem to actually be getting answered. Basically, all the playlists that I have downloaded will all be marked as i...
  • neil741
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Deleted downloads
    Deleted music
  • 5 replies
  • 11 likes

"Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device" - Chromecast

I can connect the android app to my Chromecast audio and play a track. As soon as I try to change track playback stops and I get this message: "Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device". I can start playing ...

• Casual Listener
  • I can connect the android app to my Chromecast audio and play a track. As soon as I try to change track playback stops and I get this message: "Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is ...
  • hcholdt1964
  • 9 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 14 likes

Solved!! Need a guide for all the settings don't know anything about it those options on android

Where can I find a manual for the settings can't finde everythinghelp explain each setting that will be great i found something about the audio i set it to the best quality but nothing happen and there there is no equalizer

• Casual Listener
  • Where can I find a manual for the settings can't finde everything help explain each setting that will be great i found something about the audio i set it to the best quality but nothing happen and t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist stuck on "Waiting to Download" (Trying to play local files on mobile)

I wanted to be able to play my local files on my phone. So I made a playlist on Spotify on my desktop.. Put all the songs on it.. I even chose "Available Offline" on my desktop. Then I went on my android device (Note 2), select "Available Offline", a...

• Casual Listener
  • I wanted to be able to play my local files on my phone. So I made a playlist on Spotify on my desktop.. Put all the songs on it.. I even chose "Available Offline" on my desktop. Then I went on my...
  • DarrenChristian
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 5 likes

Shuffle All Music?

When i press Shuffle music it only puts " Some " of my music into the shuffle list, I want to have " ALL " the songs in my list to be shuffled

• Casual Listener
  • When i press Shuffle music it only puts " Some " of my music into the shuffle list, I want to have " ALL " the songs in my list to be shuffled
  • Ryan_Barbaro
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost premium account after changing phone. Now I'm paying for account, but can't use! Help fix that!

Few days ago I change my phone with new one! After trying to enter my premium account that I use for 2 years, I realised can not do that. I tried several times without success. Signed out at the old phone and lost my spotify premium on it too. Tried ...

• Few days ago I change my phone with new one! After trying to enter my premium account that I use for 2 years, I realised can not do that. I tried several times without success. Signed out at the old ...
  • tjtmtys
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

While i have network connection , the app tells me go online

I have reinstalled the app to fix it. bu it doesn't work. My phone has network connection,also i can listen song in my library but i use search, the app tell me go online. I have been living the problem since 2 weeks. I hope you guyz can help me. Tha...

• Visitor
  • I have reinstalled the app to fix it. bu it doesn't work. My phone has network connection,also i can listen song in my library but i use search, the app tell me go online. I have been living the prob...
  • tjtmtys
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App shuts down when screen locked

So the app updated a few days ago, and since then, it shuts down after 4-5 seconds whenever I lock my screen. I have the settings set to never close the app even if it consumes a lot, and the option to close the app when I lock the screen is off too.

• Casual Listener
  • So the app updated a few days ago, and since then, it shuts down after 4-5 seconds whenever I lock my screen. I have the settings set to never close the app even if it consumes a lot, and the option ...
  • tjtmtys
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not-downloading problem

I downloaded nearly 1000 songs yesterday. But this morning, none of them was downloaded and I downloaded them again. Right now, they don't seem to be downloaded but I can listen to them offline but it tries to download them again. What's the problem

• I downloaded nearly 1000 songs yesterday. But this morning, none of them was downloaded and I downloaded them again. Right now, they don't seem to be downloaded but I can listen to them offline but i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Se pausa mi musica

Tengo una cuanta Premium y de repente se pausa la musica y ya tengo varios dias con el problema

• Tengo una cuanta Premium y de repente se pausa la musica y ya tengo varios dias con el problema
  • rebekah21
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Porque se apaga la app durenta la reproducción pasada 4 a 5 canciones?

La app se apaga pasada la reproducción de 4 a 5 canciones no importa si está conectado a Bluetooth, audífonos o directamente del celular. Es muy molesto estar abriendo la aplicaciones a cada rato.

• La app se apaga pasada la reproducción de 4 a 5 canciones no importa si está conectado a Bluetooth, audífonos o directamente del celular. Es muy molesto estar abriendo la aplicaciones a cada rato.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't log in

I'm on my phone and trying to log in with my account, but every time I press "log in", it briefly changes to "logging in..." and then just turns back to "log in" button. No error message no nothing. My password and username are totally correct. Pleas...

• Regular
  • I'm on my phone and trying to log in with my account, but every time I press "log in", it briefly changes to "logging in..." and then just turns back to "log in" button. No error message no nothing.&...
  • JakobTobias
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android app being auto-killed/crashing

Phone: Moto G (1st gen). Online and offline mode. Since last week or so (perhaps since the last update), the spotify app for android has been being auto-killed regularly, especially when I try to do anything else on the phone. I never used to have an...

• Phone: Moto G (1st gen). Online and offline mode.   Since last week or so (perhaps since the last update), the spotify app for android has been being auto-killed regularly, especially when I...
  • nesslucas101
  • 25 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 7 likes

Unable to find repeat button on spotify android S8?

Hello! Ive recently downloaded spotify and noticed that there seems to be no repeat or shuffle button for any of my playlists? This includes self made and spotify made. Am I doing something wrong or am I just really blind? Thanks!

• Visitor
  • Hello! Ive recently downloaded spotify and noticed that there seems to be no repeat or shuffle button for any of my playlists? This includes self made and spotify made. Am I doing something wrong or ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Can't see some songs in a playlist

Hi, I have a problem with a playlist because I Can see only three tracks instead of 95. The playlist is a public playlist and it's not mine. I have this problem both on android and iOS but not on the web player. How can I solve it?

• Hi, I have a problem with a playlist because I Can see only three tracks instead of 95. The playlist is a public playlist and it's not mine. I have this problem both on android and iOS but not on t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs werden nicht abgespielt

Ich bin spotify free Nutzer über die App auf Android und kann keine Songs abspielen. Weder über Playlists noch in "Songs" ich habe nur die Option auf Shuffle zu gehen und selbst dann werden keine Songs aus der playlist abgespielt sondern ähnliche Vor...

• Ich bin spotify free Nutzer über die App auf Android  und kann keine Songs abspielen. Weder über Playlists noch in "Songs" ich habe nur die Option auf Shuffle zu gehen und selbst dann werden kei...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Músicas indisponíveis

Minhas músicas que estavam salvas, foram excluídas, como faço pra restaurar as antigas? Sou usuário Premium

• Casual Listener
  • Minhas músicas que estavam salvas, foram excluídas, como faço pra restaurar as antigas? Sou usuário Premium  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adicionar artistas e músicas como favoritos

Minhas músicas que estavam salvas automaticamente foram excluídas, sou usuário Premium. Tenho que baixar todas de novo, queria que elas retornassem, o que faço? Ajuda por favor.

• Casual Listener
  • Minhas músicas que estavam salvas automaticamente foram excluídas, sou usuário Premium.  Tenho que baixar todas de novo, queria que elas retornassem, o que faço? Ajuda por favor. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing wrong/different song

So this isn't new but every other topic I've read is about how their songs get replaced with a different song including the name and everything, my issue is when I'm in one of my playlist and go directly to a specific song (that I've listened to coun...

• Casual Listener
  • So this isn't new but every other topic I've read is about how their songs get replaced with a different song including the name and everything, my issue is when I'm in one of my playlist and go dire...
  • MrSimplicity
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes