Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why my playlist changed?

Today when I opened my Spotify my playlist was that way, it has like 330 songs and now is showing only 30~, i opened it in the PC and it was normal, how can I put the android Spotify in the normal way?

• Casual Listener
  • Today when I opened my Spotify my playlist was that way, it has like 330 songs and now is showing only 30~, i opened it in the PC and it was normal, how can I put the android Spotify in the normal wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify account is not connecting to wifi

My phone is fully connected to wifi,and all other apps that use wifi on my phone function properly.However,the Spotify app doesn't allow me to search up/play any songs that aren't downloaded,and instead only allows me to play songs that are already d...

• My phone is fully connected to wifi,and all other apps that use wifi on my phone function properly.However,the Spotify app doesn't allow me to search up/play any songs that aren't downloaded,and inst...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Pantalla Negra Spotify Android

Hola, uso Spotify en mi celular moto x Styles.Cada vez que abro la app la pantalla se pone negra, pero aprieto la "casita" del menu y se va efectivamente al menu y se reactiva la pantalla, es como si la app la desactive.Desde ya, gracias.

• Visitor
  • Hola, uso Spotify en mi celular moto x Styles. Cada vez que abro la app la pantalla se pone negra, pero aprieto la "casita" del menu y se va efectivamente al menu y se reactiva la pantalla, es como...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App opens all the time

Why does the app open when I connect to Bluetooth or am using the desktop version on my PC? I cannot find a setting which controls this. It is extremely annoying to have an app open when I don't want it to. In fact it is far more annoying than having...

• Why does the app open when I connect to Bluetooth or am using the desktop version on my PC? I cannot find a setting which controls this. It is extremely annoying to have an app open when I don't want...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't choose where to save songs

Hey,my problem is pretty simple. I have the latest version of Spotify and wanted to change where my downloaded songs are saved from internal to SD but I don't have the required button in the settings menu... What happens?Has this happened to someone ...

• Hey, my problem is pretty simple. I have the latest version of Spotify and wanted to change where my downloaded songs are saved from internal to SD but I don't have the required button in the settin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Bug with Anker SoundCore 2

Hey there ^^ Just recieved my Anker SoundCore2 bluetooth speaker, and I noticed the following:The play button is not able to start my music. I can skip songs, stop the current song, start the googleassistant – but it won't resume the playback if stop...

• Hey there ^^   Just recieved my Anker SoundCore2 bluetooth speaker, and I noticed the following: The play button is not able to start my music.  I can skip songs, stop the curren...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

android remove from this playlist

I've cancelled my Pandora and subscribed to Spotify so I'm new to Spotify premium.In my research, if I have a playlist that is 900 songs long, am I right the only way I have to delete a song from my playlist that I'm listening to is to scroll through...

• Casual Listener
  • I've cancelled my Pandora and subscribed to Spotify so I'm new to Spotify premium. In my research, if I have a playlist that is 900 songs long, am I right the only way I have to delete a song from m...
  • CherScoled
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

shuffle doesn't actually shuffle

i'm on the mobile, version - Android (obviously.) I've created a few playlists and whenever i press "shuffle play" it plays the songs in the exact same order. every single time. I've uninstalled the app, restarted my phone. nothing will work. it's ve...

• Casual Listener
  • i'm on the mobile, version - Android (obviously.) I've created a few playlists and whenever i press "shuffle play" it plays the songs in the exact same order. every single time. I've uninstalled the ...
  • uhohizzy
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! i have a car with android auto but i cannot find spotify. It only has google play music??

I recently bought a 2015 VW golf which has android auto installed. I have connected my phone, (which is an HTC One M7) and android auto seems to work fine. The only issue is that a cant seem to find spofity. I have pressed on the music button but the...

• Regular
  • I recently bought a 2015 VW golf which has android auto installed. I have connected my phone, (which is an HTC One M7) and android auto seems to work fine. The only issue is that a cant seem to find ...
  • H-rogers79
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Google home integration ad whilst running Google Maps.

Hello, I noticed an interesting behaviour which, though not critical, is something that should be addressed: I was driving with google maps running on my Android phone and spotify running in the background. Since I do not have premium, there was an a...

• Hello,  I noticed an interesting behaviour which, though not critical, is something that should be addressed:   I was driving with google maps running on my Android phone and spotify run...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify suddenly deleting my offline playlists

Im premium spotify user and I have offline playlists and these playlists contains 1500+ song. I keep these musics because Im using metro in my country. I bought premium for this reason.And with last update I think spotify suddenly deletes my offline ...

• Regular
  • Im premium spotify user and I have offline playlists and these playlists contains 1500+ song. I keep these musics because Im using metro in my country. I bought premium for this reason. And with l...
  • migueldsf91
  • Casual Listener
  • 42 replies
  • 23 likes
  • Android 4.4.4
    Deleted downloads
  • 42 replies
  • 23 likes

Playlist Filter playing songs in order of playlist when not filtered

Recently on my Samsung 6, when i go to my playlist that I have been using for a long time now and search on the filter, for example I search Kendrick. All the kendrick songs appear, but when i click on the songs, they will play songs that are in the ...

• Recently on my Samsung 6, when i go to my playlist that I have been using for a long time now and search on the filter, for example I search Kendrick. All the kendrick songs appear, but when i click ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify vehicle controls no longer work

Up until a few days ago when I started my vehicle (Ford Escape '17 / Sync 3) the media controls to skip to the next track, previous track, play & pause no longer control Spotify over bluetooth. If I launch Google Play Music the controls work as expec...

• Casual Listener
  • Up until a few days ago when I started my vehicle (Ford Escape '17 / Sync 3) the media controls to skip to the next track, previous track, play & pause no longer control Spotify over bluetooth. &...
  • 4jornas
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

where is the "songs" playlist

I am using Spotify free version. On the desktop version, I have a playllist simply called "songs" - if I like a song, I can click the plus sign, it gets saved to the "songs" playlist. This used to be the "starred" playlist that Spotify changes a few ...

• I am using Spotify free version.   On the desktop version, I have a playllist simply called "songs" - if I like a song, I can click the plus sign, it gets saved to the "songs" playlist. This u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to listen local files on android

I added some local files to my playlist on desktop app and then tried to sync on android mobile.The song was playing well on desktop but unable to play on my phone(I can see the song in my playlist but it's grey).I already make sure that they're in s...

• I added some local files to my playlist on desktop app and then tried to sync on android mobile. The song was playing well on desktop but unable to play on my phone(I can see the song in my playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

USB C Headphone Controls - Double Click for "Next" song not working.

I am on the latest build of Spotify (8.4.45.633) and the double click on headphone controls do no work. Pause, Volume Down/Up work as intended. To make sure it wasn't my headphones I tested Google Play Music, the controls work ( including double clic...

• Casual Listener
  • I am on the latest build of Spotify (8.4.45.633) and the double click on headphone controls do no work. Pause, Volume Down/Up work as intended. To make sure it wasn't my headphones I tested Google Pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Pixel 2 | Android 8.1.0 | USB-C Headphone Adapter double Press not working

Hey Guys, i have got a problem with Spotify on my Pixel 2 running Android 8.1.0 (5.January). I have the USB-C Headphone dongle connected and when i press the remote button on my headphones, the music pauses. But if i press it twice (next song), nothi...

• Hey Guys,   i have got a problem with Spotify on my Pixel 2 running Android 8.1.0 (5.January). I have the USB-C Headphone dongle connected and when i press the remote button on my headphones, ...
  • noonyez
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

cant open artist page on Android device

I have an oneplus one device with the latest spotify app installed. Since 1 or 2 weeks the app says i am offline whenever i try to open artist page.I van still listen tot music by clicking on playlists/albums in the search bar. I am online in de sett...

• I have an oneplus one device with the latest spotify app installed. Since 1 or 2 weeks the app says i am offline whenever i try to open artist page.I van still listen tot music by clicking on playlis...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify notifications make the cursor lag on Chromebook

Hi there! So I use the Spotify Android app on an Asus Chromebook Flip C100P, which can install Android apps through Google Play. Just like on a phone or tablet, when I'm playing music with Spotify minimized, a notification pops up with the name of th...

• Hi there! So I use the Spotify Android app on an Asus Chromebook Flip C100P, which can install Android apps through Google Play. Just like on a phone or tablet, when I'm playing music with Spotify mi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes