Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to play the rest of the album?

Solved!

How to play the rest of the album?

Either I am stupid or the IU team has to go back to figma. (Both is very possible.)

I use Spotify like this:

I search for an artist. The search presents me some songs, with album art. I tap on a song, song plays.

At the end of the song it either repeats the song forever, or plays more random search results.

How do I play the rest of the album?

I can use the 3 dots then "go to album" but that awkwardly restarts the song/album.

Same is true if I go to song radio.

Or I can add all the songs one by one to the current queue.

Same is true if i ask Google to play a song in Spotify.

It's this an oversight? Or am I missing some button or swipe, to switch to the rest of the album?

Am I using it wrong or did the UI team never thought of me listening to 2 or more songs?

Sorry that I sound so salty, I love Spotify, but it's difficult to use since ca 2011.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @teahouse,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

When you play a song from Search and the Autoplay feature is on, songs similar to the one you played should play next, but it won't necessarily play the rest of the songs from that specific album. This is similar to the Radio feature.

To listen to the rest of the album, you can tap on the 3 dots > View Album, as you mentioned. Opening the album shouldn't restart the song you're currently playing. If you'd like to listen to the rest of the album without stopping or restarting the song that is currently playing, you can add the whole album to the Queue by tapping on the 3 dots on the top right corner of the album > Add to Queue. This way you don't need to select the songs one by one.

We hope this helps. We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @teahouse,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

When you play a song from Search and the Autoplay feature is on, songs similar to the one you played should play next, but it won't necessarily play the rest of the songs from that specific album. This is similar to the Radio feature.

To listen to the rest of the album, you can tap on the 3 dots > View Album, as you mentioned. Opening the album shouldn't restart the song you're currently playing. If you'd like to listen to the rest of the album without stopping or restarting the song that is currently playing, you can add the whole album to the Queue by tapping on the 3 dots on the top right corner of the album > Add to Queue. This way you don't need to select the songs one by one.

We hope this helps. We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts