Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8+

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

This seems like a trivial thing, and I'm sorry to bother the community about it but I can't figure it out. I looked around in here but all of the posts were years old. 

What's the easiest way to remove a song from the currently playing playlist?

Here's the scenario: I'm playing a playlist, and a song comes up that i no longer like. I can't find an option in the Spotify Android app that lets me simply remove the song from the list.  All i can do i go to the playlist (not the "now playing" queue), search for the song in the list, and once i find it remove it. That sure seems clunky.  There  must be a better way.... 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @eschurr

Thanks for your reply!

In this case, I'd recommend checking this Live Idea and adding your +VOTE there. 

You can find there an official update from Spotify as well. 

Here you can read more on how the Idea Exchange works and how your feedback reaches Spotify. 

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hi @eschurr

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

You don't have to go through the whole playlist to find a song you want to delete. You can access the search bar by going to the three-dot menu. Then you can enter song title, artist or album there. 

I hope it helps!

Thanks....i'm aware of that.  But it seems unnecessarily clunky that you have to enter the song name, etc. to search for it in the list when the song is already playing.   It would make sense to have an option to "remove song from this playlist," much like there is an option to "add song to another playlist."

Marked as solution

Hi @eschurr

Thanks for your reply!

In this case, I'd recommend checking this Live Idea and adding your +VOTE there. 

You can find there an official update from Spotify as well. 

Here you can read more on how the Idea Exchange works and how your feedback reaches Spotify. 

Have a nice day!

Sorry this didn't help. I don't want to have to enter the song name. The song is already playing, I should be able to act on it immediately. The possible is that spotify doesn't know what playlists a song is in, it only knows what songs are in a playlist.

Hi there @eschurr,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

As mentioned above, we suggest that you head over to the idea that's been provided and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the idea for any updates regarding this.

Not right now status comes after the idea has reached the correct teams and for transparency we've put that status. It's not impossible to get it in the future, but we cannot make any promises.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

You gotta be kidding me, years past by still no solution? Only ios has this feature, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???????!!!!!!!!!!

This is the reason I will give Deezer a chance.

Try doing that while driving a semi truck on the highway in traffic on a phone with a small screen. A simple button would be nice.

It's absolutely ridiculous that since Spotify launched this hasn't been addressed. This is the NUMBER 1 biggest annoyance on the app. How can not everyone be complaining about this too?

😡

I might love too. Spotify are just arrogant thinking we should just suffer with fundermental floors in the platform. The arrogance of it is unreal  

Exactly!!! Spotify are so arrogant they don't care 

What a joke , it's a fundermental floor in the app and you expect the users to vote for it. Come on , change the record. This should have been fixed from day 1. Why should we have to put up with these basic issues. The arrogance at Spotify is unreal. Putting up a bit F U to your users basically. Raise this issue in your management meetings 

If im listening to my playlist and a song comes up and starts playing and I dont like it, how do I remove or delete it from the playlist very simply from the playing screen?

You can't, Spotify haven't implemented the ability to do this. You can
download a custom made app by one of the forum members Victor. You open the
app, when the song is playing you toggle to the app and press delete
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.virock.deletecurrentplaylistsong_spotify

One solution is (in the meanwhile? Don't know how long it exists): Be in the Playlist view, press "previous song" (maybe you have to press two times) Then you see the last song you played and you wanted to delete now on top of the Playlist. And on the left of the song name is a small circle. Touch the circle, then, at bottom left you can select delete song. Nevertheless there should be a direct delete function for a currently played song !! 

Suggested posts