Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Remove current Song from Playlist

Hi

This is a usability improvement for the Mobile devices. Sometimes I want to remove songs from a playlist. This is currently quite a long task to perform on the mobile device.

1. I first have to select the right playlist.
  2. Then I have to locate the song, which is not listed alphabetically. They are listed in the order I built the playlist with the oldest first and newest last.Some of my playlists have up to 900 songs in them and scrolling slowly can be difficult and timeconsuming.
  3. Then click on the "pencil" icon and  delete the track I don't want.

I think it would be a better user experience if we could delete songs as easy as it is to add them to a playlist. 

So here's a suggestion for the mobile app, look there's even a space for it on the info page! Smiley LOL

Spotify Delete Track Idea

Cheers

J

UPDATE 3 June 2017

I have been contacted by user eviljojo22 who has developed a Plugin that creates a playlist named "Remove from Spotify" and every 45 minutes minutes it deletes every song in it and also in every playlist in which that same song appears (which may not be what you want). However, this is an option that may help you before Spotify gets round to providing this very simple function. Good luck (and Thank you EvilJojo22)

Connect on https://spotify-playlist.eivo.fr

UPDATE 7 February 2019

I have been contacted by user bamboony who has developed an android app that might solve the problem in the short term:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bamboomy.delete.deletespotifytrack

UPDATE 15 February 2022

They delivered! This feature now exists. Click the three dots while playing a track and select the option "Remove from this Playlist"

Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Top Answer
squint
Music Fan

If the song is currently playing, on Android, on the Now Playing screen, you can tap the name of the playlist at the top of the screen, and you'll get taken to the playlist, and it'll scroll down to the song that is currently playing, and select it.

On iOS, this doesn't happen. All they need to do is make it work the same way on iOS.

Spotify's weakness is keeping all their apps on all their various platforms in sync.

It's the weakness of most companies, when their employees have to work together and stay in sync. Different people work on each app, I'm sure.

Comments
This is Needed!!! Would be Perfect, Additional menuoption for "remove from playlist" or while pressing longer on the now playing screen Displaying a remove Option.
phutjens
I agree! It's to difficult to delete a song now (didn't even know I could... It's so well hidden..).
spiteful

its 2012, your mobile app should be on par with the desktop counter part and vice versa. premium member asking for implementation!!! 😄

spiteful

also a search tab in MacOS, so we don't have to research when we accidentally click playlist

MaHaX

Want this as well.  It would be nice if you could simply remove that song from your playlist from the now playing screen. I have a song that i have added to the playlist i use when im out running. It has a few tracks in it that im sick and tired of but they are still there since it is to timeconsuming to remove them. 

This is a really good idea 

😃

stereoesque

The mobile queue needs to be editable, in general....as in the ability to see the songs, reorder, delete, etc. 

Udouble

Please, any update on this? Would make a huge improvement... Waiting for this too long now...

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

I have a playlist like this, I'll drag in whole albums of songs that I think fit but there's inevitably going to be some I change my mind on and get cut.

If the app recognises that your are listening to the track within a playlist, a button saying simply 'remove from playlist' would be ideal. It is quite cumbersome to have to scroll through all the tracks to find the one you want to lose.

Hansholz

Here's a tip while Spotify are working this one out....Currently the way I deal with this is by using the "star" function.

Instead of using the star function like most people do (to favourite their songs) I use it to mark songs I inevitably will remove. Then once a month I get on the laptop and delete them quickly from the desktop version of Spotify. Everything I want to remove is in my star list.

This might help a few of you in the meantime.