Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove artists from Spotify

Solved!

How to remove artists from Spotify

I know this maybe a stupid question to ask but how do you remove an artist from your artist page in the your music section. I just listened to a song and it added the artist to my artist and I'm not even following them.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Make sure you haven't saved any of their songs or albums

On Android tap the 3 dots next to the song and tap "remove"

You can also go to the "song" section in "Your Music" and remove it from there.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Make sure you haven't saved any of their songs or albums

On Android tap the 3 dots next to the song and tap "remove"

You can also go to the "song" section in "Your Music" and remove it from there.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The question was how to remove an artist, not a song. I have too many songs by an artist to efficiently remove individual songs one at a time.

I have the same problem. I would like to set artist to never be heard again.
Will I have to dislike every song in every album to not hear it again? Future songs?

Hey @Botulf,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Do you still experience what @kendra134 reported if you try logging out and then back in to you account or if you try using Spotify with a different internet connection? It'd be also good to try a quick app reinstall to see if what you reported gets fixed.

Furthermore, if you confirmed you're not following the artist, would you mind double-checking whether they're part of your Recommended Artists list? Asking since this list is also included in Artists (Your Library) and there's a chance the suggestions featured in it might be seen as the artists you're currently following.

Regarding your question, you can access your account with the mobile app to tap on the three dots menu in an artist's page and then tap on Don't play this artist if you'd like to block them.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Well, that option disappeared from Spotify. I can't stand hearing linkin park and Spotify just won't let me block that artist....
why did you suppress that option, that's infuriating

I'm having the same problem. I wish i never had to see another smashing pumpkins album in my recommended or trending albums again. I hate them so much song it makes me want to stop the music all together. Why can't i just block them from being recommended? 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

You should still be able to block the artists you don't like on the mobile app. You can find the option by heading to the artist's page > tapping on the 3 dots > Don't play this. This will block all content from the artist on all devices. Note that if the artist is featured in a song/album from another artist it might still be playable.

On another note, if you want to stop getting recommendations about certain music, you can now exclude it from your taste profile. More info here.  

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

So I cannot block this on the desktop app? Only on the mobile app?

Hi there @rallymatte,

Thanks for the question!

Currently, the feature to block artists is only available on the mobile app. However, if you've already selected Don't play this artist on the phone app, tracks from that same artist will no longer be playable on the desktop app.

We hope this clear things up! Cheers.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts