Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove liked songs

Solved!

How to remove liked songs

I would like to remove all my songs from my liked songs playlist. I have over 5000 songs and would like to start fresh and not spend hours doing it one by one. Please help.

I've encountered another problem trying to remove songs. When I try to unlike the song I get a message saying "let's pretend that never happened". How do I remove liked songs from the liked songs playlist!

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Operating System

Android Oreo

Screenshot_20190804-182957_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @FatheadedCube, thanks for posting! 

The easiest way to do that is from a desktop app (if you have access to a computer). Then you just select all the songs with CTRL+A and hit Delete. 

On mobile you have to do that one by one by clicking the 3 dots menu on the song (or press hold the song), then on the top you will see a (Green Heart icon) Liked, tap this and the song will dissapear from your library. 

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey, this might not help but sometimes I find that if I've liked a song on an album, the whole album adds to my liked playlist. Maybe check your album saves and remove them from favourites, should remove a few songs at a time. 

Marked as solution

Hello @FatheadedCube, thanks for posting! 

The easiest way to do that is from a desktop app (if you have access to a computer). Then you just select all the songs with CTRL+A and hit Delete. 

On mobile you have to do that one by one by clicking the 3 dots menu on the song (or press hold the song), then on the top you will see a (Green Heart icon) Liked, tap this and the song will dissapear from your library. 

You removed a great song lol but yeah I have that same thing but even after I remove it, it still plays 

Not true. This absolutely does NOT work. Been trying to clear my liked cache all day and nothing works. It is NOT possible to select all songs in my 'liked/saved' list.

Hey @Ryantist

Thanks for dropping us a line here. 

Have you tried with the Spotify app on desktop? It'd be useful to tell us what steps you've taken, on which device and to also give us your Spotify version. If you're unable to mark all songs, can you give us a screen recording of what exactly is happening? 

We'll look out for your reply!

PetyaModerator

Hey @Ryantist, it turns out you're right, 

if you have a big library, it's not possible to select all the songs at a time (tried this on Mac). You have to CTRL/CMD+A, scroll down and repeat, scroll and repeat. (Check the gif below). 

The other method is to select the first song, scroll down to the last song, while holding SHIFT tap the song. However this does not select all the songs either. (I will try it on Windows later and tell you how it goes there).

Spotify-LikedSongs-Gif.gif

Hi,

I have a chromebook laptop and ctrl + a doesnt seem to work for me. Please could you advise how I can delete all 5000 songs that have been added to my "Liked" playlist. I didn't add these so would like to remove them and use this playlist.

Thank you 🙂

Hey there @pixie888

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

As @MartinStoichkov suggested, try the following steps:

1. Left-click on the first song you want to remove from your Liked Songs;
  2. Scroll down to the last song you want to delete; 
  3. Hold the Shift key and left-click the last song - this will select multiple songs at the same time; 
  4. Press the Delete key on your keyboard and the selected songs will be removed. 

Keep in mind this method doesn't select all the songs either, but it's a faster way to mark more tracks at once.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Macos Catalina
cmd a to select all files
cmd x to delete (on my machine this deleted 100 songs each time)

Using the desktop app ctrl-a delete method will only ever delete 100 tracks at a a time. Very time consuming if you have a lot of tracks in there.

I used a free program called autohotkey (google it) and the following script below to automate this tedious task. It is triggered by hitting the "win+\" key.

--script pasted below--

#\::
loop, 100
{
send ^a
sleep, 1000
send {delete}
sleep, 1000
send {enter}
sleep, 5000
}
return

"Ctrl + A" just selects 100, not "all", as the shortcut would otherwise suggest.

Thanks for the tip, @MartinStoichkov! 
It worked fine here. 
Best

Hey folks,

Other users in the Community would also like to see the ability to manage a large volume of songs at once.

We'd recommend heading over to this Idea Thread and adding your +Vote:

As a momentary workaround, you can try using the Ctrl+Shift (Win)/ Cmnd + Shift (Mac) command to select multiple songs at once.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts