Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove podcasts from search results?

How to remove podcasts from search results?

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note8

Operating System

Android

When searching for music, my search results are filled with podcasts I have never listened to. For example if I want to search for "The Bea" for The Beatles, 5/7 of the results are for podcasts I don't care about. Is there a way to remove podcasts from search results and go back to my old search results?

Screenshot_20200817-140312_Spotify.jpg

2 Replies

Hey there @Uuultra

Thanks for reaching out.

Right now it's not possible to filter out podcasts from the search results. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on this and we can see how that can be a handy feature.

We recommend suggesting it on our Ideas board so that it could get support from other users as well. Take a look at this page to see how to post an Idea.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1,5 years onwards and still no way of omitting certain matching search categories/types. Only single selection of matching search categories to ‘filter’ by. While I understand that many users would be confused by having the extra option allowing to omit certain results (risking wrong usage) a workaround solution could be to allow multi-selection of matching search categories. 

Suggested posts