Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to store offline music on the external SD card on andriod

Solved!

How to store offline music on the external SD card on andriod

first off thank you for the help if you responded very much appreciated. 

First off, I have a samsung Galaxy S4 and no its not rooted and I really don't want to root it either but I want to move the app spotify to my SD card but it wont let me and its driving me nuts I've been going everywhere for answers but all dead ends. I want to move it and all of the music onto my SD card so I can save room on my internal storage 

please help and thanks 

82 Replies

Using Link2SD doesn't work on all Android models. It doesn't on mine (Samsung A5/2016). After linking it just crashes application.

Hey all,

Dropping by to give some furhter info about this.

Spotify uses your device’s available memory to:

• Store temporary, or snippets of, music for streaming (i.e. as cache). This means that when you press play, you hear the music immediately with few interruptions.
  • Store downloaded music if you listen offline (Premium only).

Note: For optimum performance, we recommend having at least 1GB of free memory on your device.

Here's how to choose your storage location if you use Android. Keep in mind that not all Android devices support this:

1. Tap Home.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Other, then Storage.
  4. Select where you want to save your downloaded music.
  5. Tap OK. The transfer takes a few minutes, depending on the size of your library. You can still listen to Spotify as normal during the transfer. Spotify restarts afterwards.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

If you feel like Spotify is taking up too much storage, you can head over to this Spotify Answer for more info on how you can improve the situation 🙂

Hope you find the info helpful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts