Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cant unhide my songs

I cant unhide my songs

I accidentally hid a song that I want to listen to. I have gone to the settings and set it so that I can see the song. I can get to the button that says "Hidden" on that song, and the glowing symbol. Clickijg this option doesnt unhide the song. How do I unhide it?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG V50

Operating System

Android

50 Replies

Hey @Jaicha,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you tried to press the heart button as well? Users in this thread have reported this working in cases like yours. How did that go?

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

GUYS!!! I Had this problem for the LONGEST time but just right now I tried something and it WORKED!! Okay so the song you accidentally hid or can’t unhide, if you go on the playlist it’s on and swipe right, you can “like” the song and then unlike the song and it gets rid of the hidden button!!! 😄

Tapping hidden to unhide does nothing, you have to tap like the song when you go into the 3 dots.

The problem of not being able to "unhide" songs is solved by "Liking" the song. It will pop back to normal when you press the heart 🙂 

I have Spotify Family Premium plan and accidentally hid a song. I can't unhide it or anything and I really want to listen to it. Can you guys fix this? I use iPhone SE btw.

Ty so fricking much. Spotify mods can't help but a user did.

i tried to play a song on my pc but couldnt, whenever i tried to play it, it would say at the bottom, "cannot play this song until you allow this track in the spotify phone app''. then i went onto the app (i have premium) and the hidden button is red and when i click on it it does nothing. as well as if i click the three dots and press hidden. there's no other option like that on pc and im just very confused, i find this feature of the spotify app to be extremely complicated, more complicated than it ever needed to be.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts in this thread and for those who shared what worked for you - thanks for sharing it with the rest of the Community.

Just to confirm, can you let us know if you followed these steps?

@Ariahito - can you provide us a recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

try clicking the three dots next to the song and relike the song. that's how I always fix this problem 

Hello,
I am experiencing the same issues. I hid the song because I wanted to keep them in my playlist but not listen to them for awhile. I have two or three songs hidden like this that I cannot unhide now. I have tried resetting the "show hidden songs" option and reinstalling the app twice. I can't even unhide them on my web browser. There is no alternate settings running on the app that makes it do this. Any advice or help?

Thanks

Hey @lauren1804,

Thank you for your reply in this thread! It sounds like you've tried a couple of things already, but let's try some more troubleshooting.

We'd recommend to clear your cached files following the steps in this article. Make sure to log out > restart your phone > log back in two times in a row as it forces a sync between your account and your device. 

You also mentioned that you're experiencing this on web browser. It'd be a good idea to clear old cache there as well.  In order to do that, go to your browser's settings and look for "clear history", "clear browsing data" or "clear cache & cookies" ( it depends on what browser you're using). 

On another note, Community folks fixed this by Liking the song, so you can try that trick as well! 

Let us know how it goes!

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts