Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I don't want to shuffle play on my phone

Solved!

I don't want to shuffle play on my phone

I upgraded spotify to premium, but my playlists still shuffle. I don't want them to shuffle. How do I make it so I can just listen to my music in the order I have my playlists??

I'm using a samsung galaxy 4.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

To play songs without shuffling them select a song to play or press shuffle songs, then open the now playing page by clicking on the song playing at the bottom of the screen, then press the shuffle icon so that it is white not green 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

To play songs without shuffling them select a song to play or press shuffle songs, then open the now playing page by clicking on the song playing at the bottom of the screen, then press the shuffle icon so that it is white not green 🙂

totally helped me out. Once I saw it, I could not believe I did not see it and figure it out before. But I'm often lost in the basics of technology. Thank you. I am a yoga teacher and finally put spotify playlists together for class, got the app on my phone, set it up in the studio for the first time, hit play and suddenly it kept shuffling and wouldn't play sequentially and that was not the plan.  Sure was a lesson in resilience and accepting what was not what I wanted to be happening.  However, I would like to make them play in order and your answer resolved that for me.  And it was definitely a "duh" moment.  for me.

thank you EmJay

I have done this...over and over...and the songs still shuffle. HELP!

This is just a horrible user experience. If I got an album with a lot of songs, and Shuffle picks a song from the end, I need to go back through the songs one by one before I can listen to the first song. I like to listen an album from start to the end.

Hey there @patrickbucher,

Welcome to the Community! No worries - We're here to help 🙂

If you are on Premium you should be able to select any track from an album and the remaining tracks will automatically play in the order they’re listed. You can also turn Shuffle off and on from the Now Playing view. In case you don't see the Shuffle icon, check the context menu (the 3 dots) for more options.

Hope this info is useful. We’ll be here for you if there's anything else you'd like to ask.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The issue was that I did not see the album view. I subscribed yesterday, and the album view wasn't there. Today, it is.

I already thought that the developers of Spotify were completely out of their minds... but like this, it works for me.

Suggested posts