Premium

Country

United States

Device

Motorola ThinkPhone

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Whenever I start Spotify when connected to my vehicle it will start and then the screen will go dim and become completely unresponsive like a popup or an add but there was nothing to dismiss it and there was nothing showing

Top Answer
Vasil

Hey folks!

Thank you for all the reports!
This is now being looked into 🙂

For everyone new here who hasn't done so already, please let us know the following details:

• Your device
  • Its OS version
  • Your Spotify app version

Many thanks! We'll keep you posted.

53 Replies

I'm no longer having any problems with this. 

The problem does seem to be fixed now. Thanks all!

me too. I open Spotify and it goes dim and doesn't let me click anything. it happened to the web version a few times but is working fine now.

This seems to have been fixed.
I haven't experienced the issue for a while now.
Thanks Spotify

The problem is still happening for me.  Same as everyone described; still cannot use my Spotify in my car.

Samsung Galaxy S23

Android version 14

Spotify 8.9.18.51

I am having this issue still.  Pixel 6a, android 14 March 5 security update.  Spotify 8.9.18.512

Happens on both of my vehicles when I connect to Bluetooth.  Not connecting to Android auto. Extremely frustrating.

Samsung s23 I'm still having this problem.

Cuando intentó reproducir una canción mi pantalla se apaga y prende y no me deja hacer nada. Llevo como una semana con ese problema, me ha tocado reiniciarlo muchas veces y no se arregla. Hasta formateé mi celular hace dos días y todo iba bien y hasta hoy otra vez el mismo problema. Necesito una solución por favor.

Pensé que era mi celular, estuve a nada de formatearlo de fabrica, espero se encuentre la solución pronto

I have a Motorola, apparently the model doesn't matter because as you can see this is happening to many people regardless of the brand of cell phone. This is happening since the last update or 2 days ago (i saw people saying that), when I try to play a song my phone go crazy and start crashing, then i get a message saying "UI stopped working" or something like that, i cant send screenshots as i said before my phone go crazy so i cant. its just happening on Phone for now. also it is so crazy that my phone gets into safe mode and it tells me to factory reset

sorry for my english.

Me pasa lo mismo hace ya dos o tres semanas doy play a una canción y empieza a parpadear mi pantalla se bloquea y desbloquea solo y me toca reiniciar el celular 

Hola, me pasa lo mismo con mi Tecno CH7n.

Versión Spotify: 8.9.22.539

Versión Tecno: HiOs V8.6.0

Reproduzco una canción y empieza a parpadear mi pantalla como si la bloqueara, por favor una solución.

Hey folks,

For anyone still experiencing this, make sure to update to version 8.9.22 and let us know if the issue persists. If yes, share your device model if you haven't already.

Also, note that we're investigating an issue with Samsung A21 phones restarting in Safe Mode here, so if that's what's happening on your end, please share your device details there.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Having same issues with dimmed screen than others || Samsung S10 || Android 12 || Spotify 8.9.24.633

Cheers, M

Suggested posts