Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LG G4 - lag issues?

LG G4 - lag issues?

I tried searching through posts for anything on the LG G4 and came up empty. I'm thinking it's just a big issue because the phone is so new. When starting the app, it takes a very long time (>5 minutes) for everything to load to where items are clickable. In that time, the app is completely frozen. When connecting to bluetooth, again there is a huge delay (>3 minutes) during which time the app is completely frozen. The phone is brand new, as is the install. Suggestions?
9 Replies

Do you have an SD card installed in your device. Try taking that out?

If you came from another phone did you have Spotify running on that? If so your old cache may be on the SD card and causing the conflict. Try uninstalling Spotify from your phone and check that the SD card doesn't have folder: 'Android\data\com.spotify.mobile" if the Spotify folder exists then delete it and then re-install from the app store

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I do have a SD card and it was in my other phone - Note 3. I'll try this now.

Any luck?

Android Troubleshooting:

Nope. I thought it may have had something to do with me downloading a couple of playlists, but now that they're downloaded I'm having even more issues. Spotify takes several minutes to even open up at this point. Once open, a playlist available offline will play for a minute or two and then stop. When I look at the phone it tells me I have no internet connection available. But the entire playlist is downloaded. I never had these issues with my Note.

Try grabbing the Spotify 2.8apk from the link in my signature. Some people are saying they have issues connecting on WiFi after the last update.

Android Troubleshooting:

if the playlist is downloaded, why do I need an internet connection?

There are various reasons... checking your licence, grabbing updated album art.

If the app is in online mode it will always be processing some connections. You could put it in Offline mode (in the app settings if you wanted

Android Troubleshooting:

same thing has been happening on my G4. spotify is nearly useless - it "forgets" offline playlists, freezes during playback even over 4G, and never plays back offline playlists when not connected to data or wifi. i've deleted and reset everything as suggested above and no luck. my G3 did not have this problem.

I\m having the SAME issues and it's driving me crazy, I'm about to uninstall and forget the whole thing. Seems like everytime I open Spotify, My LG sees it as a new install, so it get assign as a new offline device in my account. 3 devices offiline assigned in your account = everything deleted in your LG(downloaded playlists and songs etc).

I've been exchanging e-mails with support, but nobody seems to get this issue solved so far, I'm about to quit my premium acount if I can't find a answer soon.

Suggested posts