Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last client update was november 2011

Solved!

Last client update was november 2011

Hello,

I've asked around (facebook, twitter) and nobody answered me. The Android client is a real piece of **bleep**. 

It's hellishly slow. When someone sends an album or a playlist to my inbox, I can"t access it from my phone (single tracks only). The RAM usage is just ludicrous, so as soon as I open any other app, without playing music, Spotify closes, and since it takes 4 mn to boot and be usable, it's a real pain.

Seriously people, I know iPhones are the main trend, but android users are numerous enough to spend a few thousand bucks on a client update, dontcha think?

I give you 20€ every month (two accounts, one for me, one for my wife) and I expect a certain quality of service. Every day I pester against your android client, and I seriously think about closing both of my accounts.

At the very least, please give me an estimated time of update.

187 Replies

The beta app seems lighter and faster. No gapless playback tho. No folder support, but, at least, 320kbds bitrate o//

EDIT: tho still absolutely NO communication from spotify. Dave? Any backoffice hints about the release?

The beta works greats so far, it's a lot better - and stable - then the latest "stable" version. 😉

I miss a queue list so I can remove tracks I've added to the queue and I would like to press the phones menu key to open the spotify menu.

I also miss last.fm scrobbler, but I guess it comes later. 🙂

So, as one who jumped to rdio, is this app something that I should come back to spotify for? I have really enjoyed rdio, and they update regularly, but they are missing some of the music I would normally listen to that spotify does have. Thoughts, recommendations?

EDIT: Accidentally a y

@Zawaq wrote:

I miss a queue list so I can remove tracks I've added to the queue and I would like to press the phones menu key to open the spotify menu.

If you find anything else that's missing, please add to this thread and I'll keep it updated: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/quot-Official-quot-new-application-beta-release-missi...

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Just downloaded the beta version and it looks a little better and runs a little better.  I have to go home and probably install, wipe data and reinstall the beta and sync my music to fully see if this is working right.  I do use it on my tablet though and I noticed that there is no landscape mode??  That was instantly annoying but I understand since its a beta version that it doesn't have all the bells and whistles.  I just hope when the "official" update rolls out for the andriod that they take that in consideration.

Oh and no widget support.

Calibrae wrote:

EDIT: tho still absolutely NO communication from spotify. Dave? Any backoffice hints about the release?

My collagues did try and updates as many relevant threads as they could, although word on this does fly around fast. 

Not too sure what you mean by "Backoffice hints" however. Are you asking me to reveal our secrets? 

Airhorn Enthusiast

@David wrote:

Not too sure what you mean by "Backoffice hints" however. Are you asking me to reveal our secrets? 

He's probably asking if there's any extra, undocumented information you can give us to help us enjoy the new beta. 

You know, like "If your device has no IMEI and you use the Download Playlist feature, the new Spotify beta will keep going offline just like the old one used to.  If you can plug a USB modem into your device, that may give it an IMEI and if it does, Spotify will then work correctly until you next reboot, at which point the IMEI is lost".

Suggested posts