Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Letras de las canciones no funcionan en mi cuenta

Letras de las canciones no funcionan en mi cuenta

Plan

Premium

Country

Uruguay

Device

Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Plan

Prima

Pais

Uruguay

Dispositivo

Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro

Sistema operativo

Android 10

Mi pregunta o problema

Las letras de las canciones no aparecen en mi cuenta. He intentado usar mi cuenta en otro teléfono que es del mismo modelo que el mío y no funciona, pero muestra la letra de otros usuarios. Si conecto otra cuenta en mi teléfono, la aplicación muestra la letra, simplemente no funciona en la mía. He reinstalado completamente la aplicación, borrado el caché, etc, pero el problema persiste. ¿Alguna ayuda?

76 Replies

Hey @CarlosE

I don't agree with your answer Carlos,

As you can see in Spotify web page "View Lyrics" is a Feature of Spotify.

Home / Features / View Lyrics. If you didn't see it, this is the link:

If this feature is in testing, it must no be published as feature.

About your "solution", Really you recommend me that I migrate my account, when I will lost my subscription if I do it? 

Please share a better workaround.

Me pasa igual. La "solución" que ofrecen de crear una cuenta nueva es PÉSIMA.

Exactly. If this is a feature, then, Spotify is charging me for an incomplete service. You must solve the issue or give me a refund.

A mi tampoco me funcionan las letras en mi telefono, me mantengo siempre con la ultima version de la aplicación pero si puedo ver las letras con la misma cuenta pero en otro dispositvo, mi computador.

Hace meses tengo este problema por lo menos un vez al mes me conecto a contact  customer support y no me ayudan en nada.

I have the exact same issue.

Sporify needs to provide a solution to this. I´m the adminsitrator of a Family group, so I can´t just cancel my account and opne a new one. It´s ridicoulous that you are putting the burden of the solution on the user. Everyone else in my family has lyrics (6 persons), except me. From what I´ve read it´s because my account is "old", so because I was an early supporter I get treated like this?...

Please solve this.. your proposed solution is not acceptable.

I have exactly the same problem, and I do not agree with creating a new account to solve our problem like other people are explaining, this error seems to be related to old accounts and I think that Spotify should have to special thanks to the people who believed on their company, but its ok if we have exactly the same features and prices than others but it is incredible that old accounts don't have the Lyrics feature for the reason that you want/justify

Hey Jeremy, I have the same problem, I have updated the app at the last version and I still can’t see de lyrics of the songs, I’ve deleted the app and downloaded again like 20 times and it doesn’t work

Que tipo de respuesta es esta? 

Cuando lo piensan solucionar? Pago el plan familiar y no voy a andar creando cuentas y volviéndome loco. 

Les pido, por favor, serían tan amables de solucionar el problema sin joderle la vida al usuario? 

Quiero ver las letras con la misma cuenta por la que estoy pagando hace años y que ya tengo configurada como me gusta, no crear una cuenta nueva y tener que pasar todo. 

Hey Jeremy, so after giving up I actually tried the "solution" (horrible btw) you recommended of opening a new account, but as soon as I added that account to my Premium Family Plan, the lyrics stopped working as well. The rest of the members of my plan have access to the lyrics feature, it is just me who doesn't. Any solution to that?

Hey @Montserratvp

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this.

Could you try to log out > restart your device > log back in with your new account to check if that makes the difference? 

On another note, would you mind letting us know if this is happening across devices or only on a specific one?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The problem is happening in all platforms , iOS, Android and Desktop

Hey @elbertcastaneda

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Keep in mind that this is a feature which is still being tested, hence it might not be available for everyone. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey Eni

Tried it and it didn't make a difference. So far I have tried in two different phones and a laptop. Neither of those worked for neither of my accounts (the old one with the long problem and the one I created recently due to your recommendation). I had tried my sister's account in my phone and that in fact works with the lyrics, so I don't think its the device's problem.

desafortunadamente ni así me funciono, estaba en la misma situación que tu pero me rendí y dije nimodo, cree mi nueva cuenta y ni así me salieron las letras 😞

no man, fix it.

please no waste time answering, fix it.

Hi all,

I have the same issue.

Is not possible for me to see the lyrics. 

I have the latest version until this date, premium version from a relative, Samsung A70.

I've tried everything, of course to create another account is not an option and for sure not for my relative, due he has no problems.

Even I've tried with known songs that for sure have lyrics but it's hopeless 😢

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

As @Eni mentioned, this feature is still being tested and this might be the reason why you're unable to see it, even if other users do. 

We'd recommend always keeping your app up to date so that you don't miss it when the feature becomes available for everyone.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

uh the thing is that you have told us this since almost a year ago, and the feature “lyrics” is being sell in Spotify, then I don’t understand how is being “tested” since it is something Spotify sells to attract us, and don’t tell me it doesn’t I just saw it in the main page. I have even tried the “solution” of creating a new account and as I explained previously it is still didn’t work. I find it hilarious how we come to you for a solution for a long time ago and we still receive the same answer to this day. I feel like you don’t even care and this platform is just like a placebo thing or something. Please make sure to tell this message to those who work in the app setting, there is a bug that is not delivering the costumers the same experience. And we all pay the same 

@Ivan wrote:

Hey @user-removed, 

Help’s here!

Hope you don't mind us replying in English as it's the Community's official language.

If you can't activate your lyrics after accessing the app Settings a possible reason could be that the lyrics feature is currently being tested as a part of improvement process.  

We're trying to improve the user experience constantly and the best way to go is by regular updates and feature improvements. We recommend keeping your Spotify app updated to the latest version with employee tracking so you don't miss a thing. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Yes, Ivan. That helped, thank you

Suggested posts