Country

Belgium

Device

OnePlus 5t

Operating System

Android 9 (OxygenOS 9.0.11.)

Spotify 8.5.51.941

My Question or Issue

My library is not available when opening spotify with offline mode enabled. Artists and albums just  keeps showing the spinning loading icon. 

I found a temporary solution:

When starting with offline mode disabled + connected through wifi or mobile data. The library loads and remains available when enabling offline mode and closing the internet connection. However these steps need to be repeated whenever the app is closed...

Which isn't the purpose of an offline mode!

Another strange behaviour I discovered is whenever I started spotify with offline mode  disabled and without wifi nor data. I get a no internet warning and this remains even when turning on wifi or data, so it seems there s a bug with the detection of connectivity and possibly this is also related with the library issue (my main concern).

Many thanks,

1 Reply

Hey there @SeppeD,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. Let us know if you observe the same issue after the clean reinstall.  

Hope this helps. We'll look out for your reply. 

Suggested posts