Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Liking an album adds the songs to my Liked Songs list in Android Auto.

Solved!

Liking an album adds the songs to my Liked Songs list in Android Auto.

Using just the android app, liking an album adds the album to the liked list, but not the songs. This is how it is supposed to work, and how I want it. But when plugging in to my Android Auto if I select Liked Songs then all of the songs from the Liked Album are there as well. Is there a reason why it is different between the two? I like albums that I can play and just let it go. Even if I don't "like" every song. I use my artist Liked Songs if I want to hear just my liked songs by them. I end up messing with the radio more often when using Android Auto because of this issue. kind of defeats the purpose of the hands free app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @soloDev79,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for bringing this to our attention!

The mobile experience has changed, so that only specific songs are in the Liked Songs for an artist, rather than entire albums. This app experience hasn't rolled out just yet when using Android Auto.

The teams are aware of this and will work on it further, however, we can't give you a specific timeframe right now. In the meantime, we suggest keeping the app up-to-date, to get new features and fixes as soon as they are released.

Should anything else appear, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there @soloDev79,

Thanks for your post here in the Community and welcome!

First, we'd like to gather more info about this behavior:

• Did you notice if this started happening recently? Maybe after an update or recent change? Or has it always worked like this while using Android Auto?
  • Could you let us know your device model, OS, and Spotify version you're running?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? This can include just checking everything is up-to-date and reinstalling the apps.
  • If possible, would you mind sending us a video recording of this behavior? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator

I'm not sure exactly on how long it has been happening. Initially I was under the impression that this was the way it was done for all of the instances of the Spotify app. After a little while I realized that it was only during the Android Auto usage of the app. The last time I noticed it was a couple days ago.

My phone is an Android Galaxy S22 Ultra.

My current OS version is 14 with the One UI version at 6.1.

The Spotify app version is 8.9.50.552.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Hey @soloDev79

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you send us some photos or a short video of what you're seeing on your end? We'll take a closer look. You can attach them to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor or if you'd like to send a video, you can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Sorry this took a minute for me to get these to you. I am attaching two images. One is a screenshot of my phone. I have an artist pulled up showing the number of Liked songs and Releases, 30 and 4 respectively. The next one is a picture of my radio screen showing the Android Auto version of the app. The same artist is pulled up and it is showing no liked releases, but 43 liked songs.

Both of these pictures are when I select "Your Library", and then artist. If I select album instead, the 4 albums I like by this artist are in the list. This works for both versions. It is just the "Liked" songs that is different. I like, and prefer, the way it works when using the app normally. Showing that I like the album, but not adding all of the songs to the "Liked" list. Thank you for any help.

screenshot.jpg
picture.jpg

Hey @soloDev79,

Thanks for the additional info and the screenshots.

Is it also possible to test this with a different account, so we can narrow down the possible cause?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I just tried it with my wife's account and phone. She has an Android also. The results were the same. I also un-installed then reinstalled the app on my phone with no change. Another test I just did was using my wife's car radio. The results were the same there also. I'm attaching a screenshot of her phone, then a picture of her phone plugged into my radio, and the last one will be of my phone on her radio. Just in case the pics don't display in order, I used different artists to make sure. My pics have Our Lady Peace, and hers has Deftones.

IMG_20240629_124231.jpg
20240629_123404.jpg
20240629_123757.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @soloDev79,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for bringing this to our attention!

The mobile experience has changed, so that only specific songs are in the Liked Songs for an artist, rather than entire albums. This app experience hasn't rolled out just yet when using Android Auto.

The teams are aware of this and will work on it further, however, we can't give you a specific timeframe right now. In the meantime, we suggest keeping the app up-to-date, to get new features and fixes as soon as they are released.

Should anything else appear, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

MariaModerator

Suggested posts