Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Listening to Spotify via Bluetooth

Solved!

Listening to Spotify via Bluetooth

Hi,

I have Spotify Ver 0.7.1.407  and when I stream from the app to my Car's Bluetooth I can't see the TEXT information (Artist name, Album, Song name etc etc).

I must say that the iPhone app has alot better integration with my car and spotify especially.

Also, on the iPhone version if I listened to music via Spotify when I turn on my car and turn on the sound system the defaults songs that are playing is my internal music and not spotify's music (At the iPhone its playing Spotify's music if the app is in the background like here).

Also the Widget doesn't seem to do too much, It's just placed at the springboard W/O any ability to actually play and stop the music unless I physiclly open the APP and start to listen to music via the APP itself, After I have done that I have the ability to use the widget and that is also for a limited time untill once more all of the information disappear from the widget if the APP is closed for a long time..

Is there any solution to these problems?

32 Replies

I'm running Android 4.2.2 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and the play store says this app is not compatable. Do you have an older version or one that would work?

Thanks, Gavin

Android Direct from Spotify Server

Try downloading the apk from the link above (or m.spotify.com). Remember to check the box in setting to install from unknown locations.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
Marked as solution

Works for my lg g3. I donated! Thanks!

Does it work for samsung galaxy?
Marked as solution

"Samsung Galaxy" is not a thing.  

I have a galaxy note 4, all bluetooth metadata works flawlessly.  

this app is for 4.3+, sorry.  It requires notification access which became available in 4.3

In my case bluetooth was not working in a BT speaker and I needed to remove the bluetooth device and pair again. Working fine after it. Using a Moto G

How do I connect Spotify iPhone 6 to a Mercedes van built in Bluetooth.
The Bluetooth is already link but can't see a way to get Spotify to play on the main speakers 🙏

You have to make sure you select "Media" and "Bluetooth device" or "connect
a device" under the music input settings on the Mercedes. It is separate to
the Bluetooth phone connection area on the control panel.

Once it says it is connected to your phone as a media device, just playing
Spotify music should work.

Make sure the Spotify app is playing to a Bluetooth device and not the
phone or headphones.

If your van hasn't got the Mercedes Command system or similar, you may need
to plug the phone into the Aux in using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm male to male
cable. Then select "Aux" input to hear the music.

Don't forget to turn the volume up on the phone as well.

I hope this helps. Not sure what system your Mercedes van has. Might be
different to my car.

Trying to make it work on a Galaxy S7 and no luck. All settings and permissions enabled like you said

So I had a galaxy s7 edge and it worked flawlessly with my car. Showing me the track and artist on my cars screen. Now that I have a iPhone 7 the track name and artist done come up. I just get not tittle. My car is supposed to synch with iPhone better than android so I'm confused as to why this is happening. Any suggestions?

I would suggest you post this in the iOS section.

I had same problem of not seeing song displayed and also not being able to use steering wheel control to skip tracks etc. What eventually worked for me was i restarted my phone then connected to my car again and played a song from Google play music (a song i had on my phone) then it suddenly worked, switched to Spotify and it worked too! Good luck.

Suggested posts