Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Listening to Spotify via Bluetooth

Solved!

Listening to Spotify via Bluetooth

Hi,

I have Spotify Ver 0.7.1.407  and when I stream from the app to my Car's Bluetooth I can't see the TEXT information (Artist name, Album, Song name etc etc).

I must say that the iPhone app has alot better integration with my car and spotify especially.

Also, on the iPhone version if I listened to music via Spotify when I turn on my car and turn on the sound system the defaults songs that are playing is my internal music and not spotify's music (At the iPhone its playing Spotify's music if the app is in the background like here).

Also the Widget doesn't seem to do too much, It's just placed at the springboard W/O any ability to actually play and stop the music unless I physiclly open the APP and start to listen to music via the APP itself, After I have done that I have the ability to use the widget and that is also for a limited time untill once more all of the information disappear from the widget if the APP is closed for a long time..

Is there any solution to these problems?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Created an app to handle this.  It works on some phones and not others, with no rhyme or reason (welcome to Android Fragmentation issues).  Give it a try and see if it works for you.

The app also will adjust your music stream volume level when spotify is playing music vs not playing music..  If you're having trouble hearing your nav voice when spotify stops playing, this app can adjust it automatically.  Just turn down the music volume level.

just remember to turn on "device broadcast status" in the spotify settings and reboot.  Use the notification setting in the app to prevent android from killing the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anticsoft.autoaudio

if this works for you, feel free to dontate via my donate app, buy me a cup of coffee

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anticsoft.donate

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Works for my lg g3. I donated! Thanks!

Marked as solution

"Samsung Galaxy" is not a thing.  

I have a galaxy note 4, all bluetooth metadata works flawlessly.  

32 Replies

Anyone ?

Hi @Royo1982 I'm sorry I missed your original post.

First off, you need to know that spotify doesn't officially support bluetooth on android devices so results can be pretty mixed as we're at the mercy of the phone/OS capability. Spotify doesn't seem to tramsmit AVRCP data which is why you don't see any now playing details. See this idea for background.

There's an app called A2DP Volume available on Google Play which might help you. It can be set to launch Spotify on connection to the incar BT for example.

The spotify lockscreen widget has been reported not to work for some people although I've never had any problems with it. You could try reinstalling. What model of android device do you use and what android version?

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using lg g2 with android 4.2.2 jelly bean original stock.

International version btw.

Did you try reinstalling? You could also try changing the screen unlock between slide, pattern and pin to see if one of these allows the widget to display.

If all else fails, dashclock from Play will display current track information but doesn't have any music controls.

LG G2, stock 4.2.2 and Toyota Avensis 2011 -

Google Music - ok + track info;

LG stock player - ok + track info;

Rdio - ok - no track info;

Spotify - no sound (steer buttons ok - play, pause).

When I switch to spotify, my system immediately pauses the music and then won't let me play spottify.

Samsung S2 was fine...

@jwylot wrote:

Hi @Royo1982 I'm sorry I missed your original post.

First off, you need to know that spotify doesn't officially support bluetooth on android devices so results can be pretty mixed as we're at the mercy of the phone/OS capability. 

Wow! I need to visit this forum more often. I did not know about Bluetooth support on Android devices. I have a Samsung Galaxy S III and play Spotify via Bluetooth. Sometimes it disconnects if I go over a hard bump on the road, but otherwise the sound comes through. I used to think the problem was the Bluetooth connection in my car. Then I realized that other music streaming apps (Rdio, Google Music, etc.) do not have that problem. Living and learning...

Egídio

OK, So I've upgraded to the latest spotify version 0.7.2.402 and I will check it once more in my car.

As for the previous check with A2DP Volume, It didn't do anything to improve my User Expirence, It just did.... well... nothing.

Any thought anyone ?

I have exactly the same issue with my LG G2, and Mercedes Command Media system.

Spotify worked fine with my iPhone, but wont work with my new android phone. I can get audio to my car audio system via Bluetooth (not USB) but it drops 1/2 second of audio every 10 seconds or so, which makes it un-listenable.  I am extremely disappointed to find that Spotify can't be bothered to sort this issue out. I'm going to try some other music streaming apps. Does anyone know any that work with Bluetooth audio on Android?

The iphone worked perfectly for Spotify audio via Bluetooth or USB cable. It even transmitted track data, although this was flakey, often showing the incorrect track name and time. However, the audio transfer was excellent and the skip forward and back buttons worked fine too. 

Why can't this work on an Android phone? Highly irritating.

Streaming working fine in LG G2 and Toyota: -

Google Music - ok + track info;

Rdio - ok - no track info;

Hi there. I had a Galaxy S3 (on Verizon) and now an LG G2.

I have never been able to get Spotify to show track, artist, and album info on my Bluetooth unit (Alpine) on either phone. I have surmised this is a limitation of the app, not the phone. Both phones have Bluetooth 4.0 and I have used them with Android versions 4.1, 4.2, 4.2.2, and 4.3 (on the S3). It is definitely a Spotify issue.

My biggest grip about my G2 is that even with Google Play Music it doesn't show the information all of the time. My S3 ALWAYS showed track, artist, and album information for EVERY song that I streamed using Google Play Music. It would also ALWAYS work when I used the Alpine unit to go forward/back/pause, but not with the G2.

I've got a Samsung SG3 as well, and it's currently running 4.4.2. However, in my experience, the Android version doesn't matter too much, as I've had no problem with Spotify beaming the song information since they revamped their UI. Rather, you might want to check your car stereo's bluetooth version and which capabilities it has. I installed an aftermarket Sony stereo making sure the bluetooth version was the most current and supported. I've no problems controlling my music from the phone, the widget, or the stereo's remote control. 

I only have problems with my LG G2, not my S3.

So updated G2 - 4.4.2 stock and all same...

Spotify - no sound (steer buttons ok - play, pause)....

Hi

I have tried samsung music, google play, spotify and deezer in my new car today using a galaxy s4 it seems that only Spotify doesn't hav bluetooth or AVRCP capabilities.  Spotify when will this be rectified?  

I am currently looking at transferring all my music to google play then closing my premium spotify account.

Thanks

David

Bluetooth should work fine. Spotify just uses the android BT stack as far as I know. As regards AVRCP, they're collecting data on thiis and it would help if you could post some details in this thread, thanks.

So interesting thing this morning...

Put spotify (android 4.4 KitKat Samsung GS4) on through bluetooth in my car (Mercedes Benz C Class 2012) and voila! for the first time... Track information, artist and album info! Was great! That was it though. There was no option to select playlists or anything... But at least it is a start! 

If you can, update the app and your OS to KitKat... I think that may have something to do with it.

🙂 

I have my S4 on KitKat and I'm using ford sync. I cannot see artist info but audio works along with the previous and next track buttons.

@pdubb Could you add your details to this bug topic?

Marked as solution

Created an app to handle this.  It works on some phones and not others, with no rhyme or reason (welcome to Android Fragmentation issues).  Give it a try and see if it works for you.

The app also will adjust your music stream volume level when spotify is playing music vs not playing music..  If you're having trouble hearing your nav voice when spotify stops playing, this app can adjust it automatically.  Just turn down the music volume level.

just remember to turn on "device broadcast status" in the spotify settings and reboot.  Use the notification setting in the app to prevent android from killing the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anticsoft.autoaudio

if this works for you, feel free to dontate via my donate app, buy me a cup of coffee

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anticsoft.donate

Suggested posts