Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung S7

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

When I used Kid3 to asign album art to my Local Files, they all changed in my laptop. And some of them synced to my phone. When I undownloaded them, closed the app, and restarted my phone to download them again, nothing happened. Help! this has been an issue for years from what i can see. please fix.

4 Replies

Hey there @LightFlame_,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help you further with this 🙂

Even though some other file types might work, these are the ones that the feature is designed to work with:

• .mp3
  • .m4p (unless it contains video)
  • .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)
  • .m4a (unless it’s an Apple lossless file; ALAC or ALE)
  • These files must exist on the device, either outside of the app or by setting them to Offline inside the app

To sync local files from one device to another, you must be actively logged in to both devices with Spotify open and on the same network.

Can you try the following:

• Add some songs from our catalogue to the playlist as well as the local file/s and make sure they have ‘Show unavailable songs in playlists’ turned on in Settings
  • Play some music on the device that has the local files to see if it shows via Connect on the other device
  • Make sure the router supports the Bonjour protocol. If the router is made after 2005, it will likely have this protocol. The best way to handle this is to check the router make/model and Google it
  • Create a hotspot with the phone and connecting the desktop to it (caution this will use 3/4g data)

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the same problem the local file is showing on my phone but it doesn't get downloaded. It worked the first time I added local files in a playlist but now it doesn't. I uninstalled the app on both devices created a new file for local files and deleted the previous one. Made sure that I am connected on the same network and etc. Can you please tell me what the problem is.

Hey @Jeremy,

I have the same problem the local file is showing on my phone but it doesn't get downloaded. It worked the first time I added local files in a playlist but now it doesn't. I uninstalled the app on both devices created a new file for local files and deleted the previous one. Made sure that I am connected on the same network and etc. Can you please tell me what the problem is.

Hey @sevastiani99,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one. That way you can make sure that the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

In case you're using an SD card, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Are there any changes?

If you get an error message, you can send us a screenshot of it. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts