Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Not Playing on My Phone

Local Files Not Playing on My Phone

Ok, I'm tired of scouring outdated and repetitive articles for this answer. I currently have two songs in my local files. One plays on my phone, one doesn't (it was recently added). They both play fine on my computer. I have the playlists downloaded on my phone. Under the song name it has a little i with a circle around it where the download symbol should be. Both of my devices are on the same wifi, open at the same time, still wont sync. I've logged out and logged back in on both. Redownloaded on my phone and downloaded playlists on my laptop, still doesn't work. I have looked through the settings on my phone over 10 times and I can't seem to find this mysterious "Local Files" section of settings, but I am assuming its already turned on because my other song plays fine on my phone. I know for a fact I haven't hit any of the song or download limits. What else can I do? 

1 Reply

Hey there @choffman1,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you confirm if you followed all of the support site steps?

We would also appreciate if you can add some songs from our catalogue to the playlist as well as the local file/s and make sure you have ‘Show unavailable songs in playlists’ turned on in Settings.

If you play some music on the device that has the local files - do you see if it shows via Connect on the other device?

Make sure that your router supports the Bonjour protocol. If the router is made after 2005, it will likely have this protocol. The best way to handle this is to check the router make/model and Google it.

Also - creating a hotspot with the phone and connecting the desktop to it, might help (caution this will use 3/4g data)

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts