Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not playable in playlist

Local Files not playable in playlist

I have a playlist with a local song on it not available on spotify but which I added to a playlist on the windows version of spotify then syncing it to my android phone. It now doesnt show up even though I have my local file for the song saved in the directory with my other local music. What should I do?
2 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Try dragging and dropping it into the playlist again.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

That doesn't work. I originally had music, on my Mac P.C. and found out, about local files, because I saw the music, on my playlists, on my mobile device. Then, my hard drive went out and after getting it fixed, I can no longer see the local files, on my mobile device. I, first couldn't see them, on my computer application, as playable, but they soon were not grayed out, anymore. I can play them, on the the computer application and have added them, to playlists, again. It still shows them grayed out, when they show up, on the mobile device's playlists. All my music is, in the music folder. That's where it should be reading, from. It worked, before. I'm guessing Spotify messed it up, the same way, that songs are becoming unavailble, from artists (which is the purpose, of having the local files feature).

This would help the two issues:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Followers-To-See-and-Add-Same-Local-Files-Back...

Follow me

Suggested posts