Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Oops something went wrong.

Whenever I try to search for something in the spotify android app, it always returns the message ooops something went wrong with a try again button. I just bought 3 months of premium and can't even find new songs. I've tried on 2 different devices, r...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to search for something in the spotify android app, it always returns the message ooops something went wrong with a try again button. I just bought 3 months of premium and can't even f...
  • Touelmeris
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes itself at random intevals Samsung S5+

See title. I had this problem a few months ago but an update and a reinstall of the Spotify app made sure the app would not close anymore at random intervals.I updated my phone to Android version 5.0.2 last saturday and since that update the problem ...

• Music Fan
  • See title. I had this problem a few months ago but an update and a reinstall of the Spotify app made sure the app would not close anymore at random intervals. I updated my phone to Android version 5...
  • Ayur
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify buttons dosent appear on samsung s5's s-view screen

Hello!Just bought a new s-view case for my phone, and notived thar the spotify buttons dosent always show up. Have tried to uninstall spotify and reset phone, pluss SD card, sometimes it works but the buttons dissapear after a while. Anyone got any t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! Just bought a new s-view case for my phone, and notived thar the spotify buttons dosent always show up. Have tried to uninstall spotify and reset phone, pluss SD card, sometimes it work...
  • r2b2
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

would like to recover radio

Hi. How´s it going.My problem is that I was listening to a radio based on a song I liked a lot.I pressed the thumb up button or the thumb down after a song I liked or didn´t like to improve the radio.Now the improved radio is a complete piece of...Ho...

• Hi. How´s it going. My problem is that I was listening to a radio based on a song I liked a lot. I pressed the thumb up button or the thumb down after a song I liked or didn´t like to imp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook sharing function on Gingerbread!

Hello community. I hope this issue will be solved soon. I have android gingerbread(version) phone. Even i set "facebook sharing" as on, it can't post things i listen to facebook. it works sooo rarely. its weird at the same time isnt.. I know that pro...

• Hello community. I hope this issue will be solved soon. I have android gingerbread(version) phone. Even i set "facebook sharing" as on, it can't post things i listen to facebook. it works sooo r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Facebook
    gingerbread
    Issues
    sharing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

While offline, Android player wont show playlists

I have a considerable amount of music downloaded onto my android device. I had just been connected the night before downloading songs. My device is not celular, rather WIFI only. Yesterday while in my car, I had stopped spotify, restarted it. After i...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a considerable amount of music downloaded onto my android device. I had just been connected the night before downloading songs. My device is not celular, rather WIFI only.  Yesterday whil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SpotifyS from base

Ive got SpotifyS from BASE. But I only can use Spotify as a free user. BASE told me that my SpotifyS is activated and that I should contact you. Can someone please help me?Greetz

• Ive got SpotifyS from BASE. But I only can use Spotify as a free user. BASE told me that my SpotifyS is activated and that I should contact you. Can someone please help me? Greetz
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Connect] Problem with Spotify App and sync

There is a serious problem with the spotify app on my phone. Basically, everytime I use my phone it queues up the same songs. Then when those songs finish playing, it queues up THOSE EXACT SAME SONGS. This is not me overeggagerating and saying "I'm s...

• Regular
  •             There is a serious problem with the spotify app on my phone. Basically, everytime I use my phone it queues up the same songs. Then w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Connect
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Muic content

Hello all who can help. I just upgraded to sprint when i went to open spotify it i can see all my profile info where the payment comes from yada yada ...but all my Playlist are gone and it is almost asking me to resign up again . Any suggestions woul...

• Hello all who can help. I just upgraded to sprint when i went to open spotify it i can see all my profile info where the payment comes from yada yada ...but all my Playlist are gone and it is almost ...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

organizing playlists

Hello,probably a very silly question, but can someone tell me how to organize playlists on a smartphone or tablet ? I found it very easily on my PC desktop with drag and drop, but on my galaxy S6 mobile and ipad tablet, I don't manage to move playlis...

• Regular
  • Hello, probably a very silly question, but can someone tell me how to organize playlists on a smartphone or tablet ? I found it very easily on my PC desktop with drag and drop, but on my galaxy...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth headphone controls

I just bought a new pair of bluetooth heaphones with control buttons to skip tracks, play/pause, and they pair to my Android phone, but the controls don't work on Spotify. The manual says my bluetooth transmitter needs to support AVRCP, and I'm tryin...

• Regular
  • I just bought a new pair of bluetooth heaphones with control buttons to skip tracks, play/pause, and they pair to my Android phone, but the controls don't work on Spotify.  The manual says my bl...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs starting without eq

When i play a song on spotify it starts for a split second without eq and on max volume, known issue?Samsung s4 active

• When i play a song on spotify it starts for a split second without eq and on max volume, known issue? Samsung s4 active
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable To Search

Since the last update I have been unable to input the letters into the search field to look up new music. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache, etc.. Still cannot search. Not sure what else I can do

• Since the last update I have been unable to input the letters into the search field to look up new music. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache, etc.. Still cannot search. Not sure what else...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

EQ Malfunction on android app

I am expierncing a issue with the Spotify app on android my system is configured as follows Device: ONE Plus: OneAndroid Version: 5.1.1Spotify App version:4.4.0.1008 all internal and external EQ's are turned offvolume leveling has been turned offissu...

• I am expierncing a issue with the Spotify app on android my system is configured as follows   Device: ONE Plus: One Android Version: 5.1.1 Spotify App version:4.4.0.1008   all interna...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

doesn't stop

When i recieve a call musoc doesn't stop and make later can't be paused

• When i recieve a call musoc doesn't stop and make later can't be paused
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Surround Sound Glitch - Nexus 5

There is a glitch with the 'Surround Sound' equlizer setting on the Nexus 5. When I enable it I'm getting a lot of background noise, which sounds like static i.e. harsh pop and crackle. This only occurs when the surround sound setting is enabled and ...

• Music Fan
  • There is a glitch with the 'Surround Sound' equlizer setting on the Nexus 5.   When I enable it I'm getting a lot of background noise, which sounds like static i.e. harsh pop and crackle. &nb...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

lg g4 saying its downloaded music and it never does.

I try to download all the music on my account and it never saves anything it supposedly downloaded. It says its downloaded 140 of 1500 songs and I stop the download and none of them were saved to my phone. I have plenty of memory.

• I try to download all the music on my account and it never saves anything it supposedly downloaded. It says its downloaded 140 of 1500 songs and I stop the download and none of them were saved to my ...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Every so often, spotify will log me off and then when I log back on, it will show none of my offline music available. I would then go to the settings and delete all spotify data and then log in again. Then I would move the spotify folder to my sd car...

• Every so often, spotify will log me off and then when I log back on, it will show none of my offline music available. I would then go to the settings and delete all spotify data and then log in again...
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth Device Doesn'T Work

Hi, I have a bluetooth headset paired to my Galaxy S4 phone but Spotify does not pick it up a as a device to connect to. Any reliable suggestions? Thanks!

• Hi, I have a bluetooth headset paired to my Galaxy S4 phone but Spotify does not pick it up a as a device to connect to. Any reliable suggestions? Thanks!
  • Steph_B
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stutters/pauses occasionally

I've been using Spotify premium for more than a year now and I have been able to stream music online and downloaded for the past 2 months on my Galaxy S4. Last week I started to notice Spotify was stuttering randomly In between songs. It usually stut...

• I've been using Spotify premium for more than a year now and I have been able to stream music online and downloaded for the past 2 months on my Galaxy S4. Last week I started to notice Spotify was st...
  • aodhokeady
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes