Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files on Android

Local Files on Android

Good Morning

I got a problem when i try to add local files on my spotify account.

They reproduce without problems on my PC; but when i try to listen to them in my Android phone, some play and some not.

The ones that didn't play says "this song isn´t avaiable". Even connected to the same WiFi network, there are song that simply don't play. 

In one album of 12 song for example, 10 songs play well, even spotify links with the artist on the catalog (This album isn't on their catalog but the artist does) but 2 songs just say local file, and the name it is in another tone of gray (On the PC). And in the phone they don't play.

Please, i want to know why?, what can I do to fix it?

Thank you very much.

Sorry for my english.

Daniel

8 Replies

I am having the same issue. Except none of my files actually play at all. They won't download to my phone.

I do know you need premium spotify for it, which I do, but there is still does not work.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

I had that same problem and it was the firewall on my PC. I went into McAfee and disabled my firewall and the locals songs immediately worked on my Galaxy phone again. I turned the firewall back on and the songs still seem to be working on my phone. I'm sure there is some rule we can add to the firewall so we dont have to disable it, but I am still trying to figure it out. 

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your support.

The problem seems to stay the same way.

Even in the PC there a difference. 

There songs that don't play in the Android Phone appears this way in the PC: (With another tone of gray and even the menu changes)

This are songs that you can´t find on spotify catalogue; but ones simple play without a problem in no matter which PC or phone and even spotify links it to the artists; others simple stay there.

What should I do?

Thanks for you herp

Daniel

2016-03-25.png
2016-03-25 (1).png

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Android Troubleshooting:

Once again. Thanks for anwering.

Nothing seems to work.

I've read te topic and it brings the instructions for sync it, i have done it. I imported the files from iTunes. And happens what I told you, Some sync and some don't.

I'm in my home connected to the same WiFi Network. I have configured the firewall. 

The song that I'm adding from my local files are songs that aren't on the spotify catalogue. Some of these songs are from artist that have music on the catalog but I add the ones that don't appears on the catalogue. 

And it remains that way, it appears in another tone of gray, it reproduces in my PC but not on my phone. 
The point that i don't understand is why some of them play and some not...they're all from my local files, why spotify recognize some and make it avaiable in my phone and some just simply not.

Thanks a lot for your attention

Daniel

Hmm. I wonder if some of them are a different codec, can you check the format and codec used? Are they mp3's?

Android Troubleshooting:

Yes they are all mp3 format. And sorry for the ignorance... how can I see the codec? 

Thanks

Suggested posts