Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files won't download on Android

Solved!

Local Files won't download on Android

The local files used to work, but when I deleted the playlist that used to work and made a new one, the songs won't download on my phone. I'm using the updated version of Spotify (the one that looks like iOS).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Any problems are normally down to communication issues so here's a list of things to check if local files won't download.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Any problems are normally down to communication issues so here's a list of things to check if local files won't download.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

It turns out that my network profile was public instead of private. Thank you this solved my problem!

Glad I could help 🙂

I can't download any of my music,,UNLESS I upgrade to PREMIUM. I don't want premium, so how do I download???

If you want to listen to your own music then you can copy it over to your phone and use the built-in music player.

Suggested posts