Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Mad4music
  • Visitor
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Not getting any notifications

I use Spotify premium on my Samsung Galaxy S6 and I'm getting no notifications. I get the one with music and pause/play, next song when music is playing, but I get nothing from following artists when they release new music. I have it all set up on th...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify premium on my Samsung Galaxy S6 and I'm getting no notifications. I get the one with music and pause/play, next song when music is playing, but I get nothing from following artists when...
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect does not work

Worked okay until last week premium subscription was cancelled in error. Re subscribed to Premium service and Connect not now working on any device. Have tried uninstalling and reinstall spotify no success. Tried reboot router no success.

• Regular
  • Worked okay until last week premium subscription was cancelled in error. Re subscribed to Premium service and Connect not now working on any device. Have tried uninstalling and reinstall spotify no s...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Uconnect & LGV10

I have an LGV10 and My truck uses Uconnect. I have had the V10 for almost a year and they connect and played no issues. Till last week. Now my steering wheel or touch screen no longer controls spotify. I have had marshmellow for a while. I made sure ...

• I have an LGV10 and My truck uses Uconnect. I have had the V10 for almost a year and they connect and played no issues. Till last week. Now my steering wheel or touch screen no longer controls spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working widget

Any one struggling with dead widget on Xiaomi smartphones?My widget is not responding! Any Ideas?

• Any one struggling with dead widget on Xiaomi smartphones? My widget is not responding!  Any Ideas?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Low volume on my s7 edge

Ok so I have an s7 edge. A macbook pro 2015 and bose quietcomfort 35 whenever I play max volume on my mac the headphones are significantly louder then when I play spotify on my phone I don't know why this is please help

• Ok so I have an s7 edge. A macbook pro 2015 and bose quietcomfort 35 whenever I play max volume on my mac the headphones are significantly louder then when I play spotify on my phone I don't know why...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm unable to cast to Chromecast

Hi, I've just come across this issue, as it used to work perfectly until now. When I try to cast music from Spotify in my Galaxy Note 3, Chromecast is detected but does not connect. All I can see on the TV is the Spotify splashscreen for a few second...

• Regular
  • Hi, I've just come across this issue, as it used to work perfectly until now. When I try to cast music from Spotify in my Galaxy Note 3, Chromecast is detected but does not connect. All I can see on ...
  • pedrogplm
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops other audio when listening on another device

I've started encountering an issue in the last couple of weeks. I will be using another application for audio on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android 6.0.1, Spotify V 6.3.0.882 armV7) such as Audible or Play Music. If I then start to u...

• Casual Listener
  • I've started encountering an issue in the last couple of weeks.   I will be using another application for audio on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android 6.0.1, Spotify V 6.3.0.88...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not available

Hi,if I want to hear songs via gsm/umts/lte it happens often that the spotify says the song ist not available. But if I want to hear via wlan the song is available.Can someone help me? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, if I want to hear songs via gsm/umts/lte it happens often that the spotify says the song ist not available. But if I want to hear via wlan the song is available. Can someone help me? Thanks!
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My own music

Hello, I added music from my computer in my Playlists. But for some reason I can only download some of the music on my mobile. The other Songs arent avaiable. (I have Premium) Does anyone know the reason? (:

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I added music from my computer in my Playlists. But for some reason I can only download some of the music on my mobile. The other Songs arent avaiable. (I have Premium) Does anyone know the re...
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify + Car Bluetooth

Hello!I am able to connect my android phone to my car and play spotify via Bluetooth. The issue is one day, probably after an update, whenever a song ends for example from Song A to B, the car would only display Song A. However, if I manually change ...

• Hello! I am able to connect my android phone to my car and play spotify via Bluetooth. The issue is one day, probably after an update, whenever a song ends for example from Song A to B, the car wo...
  • Spiff70
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

CANT ACCESS ACCOUNT SOS

So I made an account a couple months ago, I logged out today because my friend wanted to log into her account. I tried logging back in and I can't access my account. I don't have access to my email anymoreI'm very frustrated and I need my music. Also...

• So I made an account a couple months ago, I logged out today because my friend wanted to log into her account. I tried logging back in and I can't access my account. I don't have access to my email a...
  • marlonsphere
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone

Hey a Quick question when im calling someone Spotify kepps on playing i would like to know of i can deactivate that

• Hey a Quick question when im calling someone Spotify kepps on playing i would like to know of i can deactivate that
  • marlonsphere
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iron Maiden song streaming issue

While I'm streaming or download content for Iron Maiden song "to tame a land" from Piece of Mind album, the song freezes up, cutting off suddenly...

• While I'm streaming or download content for Iron Maiden song "to tame a land" from Piece of Mind album, the song freezes up, cutting off suddenly...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not play album

Hi so every since June I believe Spotify has not been able to play my favorite album from the band i like. I search it up and the album doesn't show up. It's irritating because it's literallyn the whole reason why I bought premium and the album is un...

• Hi so every since June I believe Spotify has not been able to play my favorite album from the band i like. I search it up and the album doesn't show up. It's irritating because it's literallyn the wh...
  • marlonsphere
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs available on the desktop app but not on Android phone

On the phone, they are grayed out, even doing search. Both the desktop and the phone are on the same WiFi network. I have tried to logout/login, reinstall, clear cache on the phone app. Nothing worked. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • On the phone, they are grayed out, even doing search. Both the desktop and the phone are on the same WiFi network. I have tried to logout/login, reinstall, clear cache on the phone app. Nothing worke...
  • jiamajia
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify spots playing after a while suddenly

Spotify pauses on its own after a while when I am playing it on my Android phone - sometimes before the next song or in a middle of a song. I am noticing this happen when I am playing it through my bluetooth speakers. The issue is intermittent, I hav...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify pauses on its own after a while when I am playing it on my Android phone - sometimes before the next song or in a middle of a song.   I am noticing this happen when I am playing it thr...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't reach my account anymore

Dear Friends, Since afternoon i can not reach my acount. I created my acount like 2 mounts ago in Germany and i'm no longer theresuddenly i realized that my account had been signed out and since then i can not log into it ? Spotify noticed me that it...

• Dear Friends,   Since afternoon i can not reach my acount. I created my acount like 2 mounts ago in Germany and i'm no longer there suddenly i realized that my account had been signed out and...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Freakonomics podcast not updating

On my mobile app (android) I don't see any Freakonomics podcast episodes that are after mid April. On their website I can see episodes from as recently as June 15th. I wasn't sure if there was a delay in posting new podcasts or if the agreement ended...

• On my mobile app (android) I don't see any Freakonomics podcast episodes that are after mid April. On their website I can see episodes from as recently as June 15th. I wasn't sure if there was a dela...
  • madmitten
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

'Entdecken' füllt sich nicht mit Inhalt!

Hallo, ich hab seit gestern Spotify in Benutzung und habe schon einige Lieder gehört, trotzdem erscheint unter "Entdecken" kein Inahlt, sondern nur der Hinweis, dass ich eines meiner Lieblingslieder spielen soll und danach die Vorschläge für neue Lie...

• Hallo, ich hab seit gestern Spotify in Benutzung und habe schon einige Lieder gehört, trotzdem erscheint unter "Entdecken" kein Inahlt, sondern nur der Hinweis, dass ich eines meiner Lieblingslieder ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Losing connection with Chromecast Audio after skipping songs. And more..

Dear users, I joined Spotify today after using Google Play Music for 6 months.Only bad thing was not having a Family Option.Use to have Spotify but had so much problems with my account.Now i came back and bought the Family plan from Spotify and creat...

• Regular
  • Dear users,   I joined Spotify today after using Google Play Music for 6 months. Only bad thing was not having a Family Option. Use to have Spotify but had so much problems with my acco...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes