Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify si blocca

Buonasera, il mese scorso ho effettuato l'upgrade alla versiona premium sul mio samsung galaxy note 4. Ora a dostanza di un mese ho acquistato un samsung galaxy edge 7 dove durante la riproduzione di un brano, album o playlist, se blocco lo schermo a...

• Buonasera, il mese scorso ho effettuato l'upgrade alla versiona premium sul mio samsung galaxy note 4. Ora a dostanza di un mese ho acquistato un samsung galaxy edge 7 dove durante la riproduzione di...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Removing headphones doesn't pause music

Galaxy S7 edge. Since the newest update removing headphones no longer pauses your music.

• Casual Listener
  • Galaxy S7 edge. Since the newest update removing headphones no longer pauses your music.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

(Android) Spotify crashes

Hi.Spotify crashes and then, it won't restart until I delete its data off the phone.The first time it happens, i was using spotify on mi pc, changed the sound to mi phone and it closed.Recently, I've discovered that if I delete spotify's data and cac...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. Spotify crashes and then, it won't restart until I delete its data off the phone. The first time it happens, i was using spotify on mi pc, changed the sound to mi phone and it closed. Recently...
  • Cordado
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Dont start without internet

Hi !I have a family account and when i start Spotify it say that it couldnot start because there is no internet connexion...I have one playlist in offline but i cannot access to it. So il cannot listen my music...Can you help me ? Is it normal ?Thank...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi ! I have a family account and when i start Spotify it say that it couldnot start because there is no internet connexion... I have one playlist in offline but i cannot access to it. So il cannot ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lockscreen buttons disappears

When using Android 4.4 Kitkat (vanilla Android), the "previous track" and "skip track" buttons on the lockscreen sometimes disappears. You have to pause and then play again (or turn the screen off) in order for them to reappear. This happens often wh...

• Gig Goer
  • When using Android 4.4 Kitkat (vanilla Android), the "previous track" and "skip track" buttons on the lockscreen sometimes disappears. You have to pause and then play again (or turn the screen off)...
  • juliohm1978
  • Casual Listener
  • 24 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 1 likes

How to download to SD card on Android?

I have premium and Android. For offline use, I want to download songs to my SD-card. How do I do that?

• I have premium and Android. For offline use, I want to download songs to my SD-card. How do I do that?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads Disappeared

Up until yesterday, all of the songs I downloaded were available offline. This morning, none of them have the green "downloaded" arrow, and they don't play without connection. I have 3gb left on my phone, and they don't appear as downloaded anywhere ...

• Up until yesterday, all of the songs I downloaded were available offline. This morning, none of them have the green "downloaded" arrow, and they don't play without connection. I have 3gb left on my p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Import songs on Android

I don't know why, but in the settings of my Android Spotify I have the option "import your songs". I'm at Android Marshmallow. Is a cool feature. I use it and is pretty good. But, my mom, with your Sony Xperia E4 at Android KitKat don't have that opt...

• I don't know why, but in the settings of my Android Spotify I have the option "import your songs". I'm at Android Marshmallow. Is a cool feature. I use it and is pretty good. But, my mom, with your S...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why so few songs available?

The past few days I haven't been able to download more than three or four songs for any album. This is also happening with albums I've had saved for months. Now when I open them there are only a handful of tracks saved, and when I try to get the full...

• Casual Listener
  • The past few days I haven't been able to download more than three or four songs for any album. This is also happening with albums I've had saved for months. Now when I open them there are only a hand...
  • mockduck666
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

dialy mix

My dialy mix Don't apear in my cell phoneand I'm Premium. /minha dialy mix não apareceobs. sou Premium

• Casual Listener
  • My dialy mix Don't apear in my cell phone and I'm Premium. /minha dialy mix não aparece obs. sou Premium
  • AlineMac9
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

How can I get Spotify premium without a credit card or PayPal account. I did it before

• How can I get Spotify premium without a credit card or PayPal account. I did it before
  • JCdotnl
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The app doesn't work with my account

Hi everybody,I have a problem with the spotify app. It doesn't work with my account. The stranger thing is that with other accounts works perfectly but in the moment i introduce mine if i touch the icon to enter, the screen turns black and return to ...

• Visitor
  • Hi everybody, I have a problem with the spotify app. It doesn't work with my account. The stranger thing is that with other accounts works perfectly but in the moment i introduce mine if i touch t...
  • RadekBet2
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlist entries appearing in albums in album view

Spotify:4.8.1004Android 5.02MotoE 2nd gen When I download playlists to my phone some of the entries appear as single downloads in the respective album in Albums view. Is there any way to stop this happening or is it a bug in the Android client? If so...

• Roadie
  • Spotify:4.8.1004 Android 5.02 MotoE 2nd gen   When I download playlists to my phone some of the entries appear as single downloads in the respective album in Albums view.   Is there a...
  • 3ugeene
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

[HTC10 - Android v6.0.1] Spotify keeps playing during phone calls and when headphones are removed.

Hey all, I've found a few older threads with this issue but it seems Spotify is pretty quiet on this issue with a real fix and none of the work around have worked for me so far. Have tested other music players and it's definitely a Spotify issue. Hav...

• Hey all,   I've found a few older threads with this issue but it seems Spotify is pretty quiet on this issue with a real fix and none of the work around have worked for me so far. Have tested ...
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not getting my premium

I have a new phone when I login in it is not giving me my premium spotify. I don't want to listen to commercials while working out.

• I have a new phone when I login in it is not giving me my premium spotify. I don't want to listen to commercials while working out.
  • kirashi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Search] Improve Android Auto Functionality - From Uber Driver

Hello, I have just started using Android Auto. I much prefer using Spotify this way over using Bluetooth for the aesthetic appeal and reliability of sound quality over bluetooth. I am an Uber driver in Sydney and I like to provide a premium experienc...

• Hello, I have just started using Android Auto. I much prefer using Spotify this way over using Bluetooth for the aesthetic appeal and reliability of sound quality over bluetooth. I am an Uber driver ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Crash after login

Hello,I have a problem with Android app. when i login to my account using mobile app, they crash i get only Black screen and after few sec app close.When i login to other account its work ok.

• Hello, I have a problem with Android app. when i login to my account using mobile app, they crash i get only Black screen and after few sec app close. When i login to other account its work ok.
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock screen and pulldown bar issues

Recently moved from an old ZTE Maven to an S7 Edge, and for whatever reason, I cannot change the song from the lock screen or the pulldown bar. I have to go to the app in order to repeat or skip. The same goes for the remote on my earbuds (which are ...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently moved from an old ZTE Maven to an S7 Edge, and for whatever reason, I cannot change the song from the lock screen or the pulldown bar. I have to go to the app in order to repeat or skip. The...
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Spotify not showing up in notificatins

I use a OnePlus 3 and sometimes when I leave the Spotify all it doesn't show up in the background

• Regular
  • I use a OnePlus 3 and sometimes when I leave the Spotify all it doesn't show up in the background
  • doverlock
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Mobile app no longer allows you to change songs on home screen or out of app.

Currently with my Samsung Galaxy S6, I can only change songs, pause, play, etc. while in app. I've tried to uninstall and re-install the app. Music DOES play in the background when the app is closed.The app simply doesn't have a status bar in the hom...

• Regular
  • Currently with my Samsung Galaxy S6, I can only change songs, pause, play, etc. while in app.    I've tried to uninstall and re-install the app.  Music DOES play in the background w...
  • doverlock
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes