Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Spotify Problems After Installing Amazon Echo Alexa App

Since connecting my account to Amazon Echo ... my Spotify app on my Android device no longer works - for my account specifically I have a family account and initially setup Amazon Echo using my main (Ian) Spotify account successfully.BUT because my m...

• Visitor
  • Since connecting my account to Amazon Echo ... my Spotify app on my Android device no longer works - for my account specifically   I have a family account and initially setup Amazon Echo ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! Local files not syncing!

This has been happening since yesterday. For some unknown reason, my local file songs have been refusing to download. I'm connected by the same wifi and all of other requirements needed, I've never had any problems downloading local files, this is on...

Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 19.30.58.png IMG_0466.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • This has been happening since yesterday. For some unknown reason, my local file songs have been refusing to download. I'm connected by the same wifi and all of other requirements needed, I've never h...
  • jlee_asakura
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops after each track

I have Spotify on my Android phone and a Premium account. It stops playing after each track until I go back to the Spotify screen. I don't even have to press play; the next track starts upon opening it. This is weird and very frustrating to be gettin...

• Regular
  • I have Spotify on my Android phone and a Premium account. It stops playing after each track until I go back to the Spotify screen. I don't even have to press play; the next track starts upon opening ...
  • kpk0422
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist loop

HiI play one of my large playslist everyday at work (2500+ songs), but after a couple of hours it start to repeat it self. I don't ever get all the way through. It's like it only plays 100 songs and then repeat.If I start in the middel of the playlis...

• Hi I play one of my large playslist everyday at work (2500+ songs), but after a couple of hours it start to repeat it self. I don't ever get all the way through. It's like it only plays 100 songs an...
  • ohan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont play or open albums saved to Note 5

In the last week or so Ive been unable to open saved albums online or offline as I get the loading 'circle' permanently. I can play any song if I goto Songs section. Ive deleted cashe, app etc and still have same issue. Spotify works after reset but ...

• Casual Listener
  • In the last week or so Ive been unable to open saved albums online or offline as I get the loading 'circle' permanently. I can play any song if I goto Songs section. Ive deleted cashe, app etc and st...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot control playback on KMM-BT315U bluetooth

I used to have google play before I switch to spotify, and I am used to control the playback from the vehicle controls or the KENWOOD KMM-BT315U which is connected to my android over bluetooth.With spotify I cannot go to next track or previous track....

• I used to have google play before I switch to spotify, and I am used to control the playback from the vehicle controls or the KENWOOD KMM-BT315U which is connected to my android over bluetooth. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Its Undownloading my songs

When i download songs on spotify to play it offline, it downloads....but when i check it again without internet connection, all of the songs are not downloaded, so i need to redownload all of my songs again...im in premium also...why that happens

• When i download songs on spotify to play it offline, it downloads....but when i check it again without internet connection, all of the songs are not downloaded, so i need to redownload all of my song...
  • gohyian
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes with specific songs

Since one of the last updates, Spotify started to crash (just stops working) with specific tracks at a specific part of the song, always the same one. So the only way to avoid it is removing them, but I don't think this should be the way to solve it,...

• Casual Listener
  • Since one of the last updates, Spotify started to crash (just stops working) with specific tracks at a specific part of the song, always the same one. So the only way to avoid it is removing them, bu...
  • franalbavt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

After re-opening app, queue jumps back to previous songs

Hi,Well I guess this has certainly already been brought up by someone. But well, I couldn't find anything which would match this problem in the forums and so just to be able to sleep bether at night and to make sure I'm not crazy, or something. For i...

• Hi, Well I guess this has certainly already been brought up by someone. But well, I couldn't find anything which would match this problem in the forums and so just to be able to sleep bether at nigh...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Heruntergeladene Dateien laden nicht mehr

Hallo Leute,ich habe keinen thread zu dem Thema gefunden, also öffne ich mal einen. Seit einiger Zeit habe ich das Problem, dass ab und zu wenn ich mein spotify auf offline stelle, um mit premium meine Musik ohne Internetverbindung hören zu können, d...

• Visitor
  • Hallo Leute, ich habe keinen thread zu dem Thema gefunden, also öffne ich mal einen. Seit einiger Zeit habe ich das Problem, dass ab und zu wenn ich mein spotify auf offline stelle, um mit premium m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

A2DP controls aren't working

Since like a week or so ago the car controls for A2DP stopped working, I can get the music playing but the controls does nothing.I've tried reinstalling the app.Restarting the phone makes the controls work one time until next time I take a car ride.

• Visitor
  • Since like a week or so ago the car controls for A2DP stopped working, I can get the music playing but the controls does nothing. I've tried reinstalling the app. Restarting the phone makes the con...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How Does Someone Suggest Music To Appear on Spotify?

HiWas wondering how to suggest music to appear on Spotify? I have a few songs I can recall from my youth I'd love to be able to add to my playlist but they are simply nowhere to be found, can suggestions be made to have these added? Many thanks

• Hi Was wondering how to suggest music to appear on Spotify?  I have a few songs I can recall from my youth I'd love to be able to add to my playlist but they are simply nowhere to be found, c...
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last played music bug

So I have this weird bug, when I listen to a song, it doesn't show the last artist in the queue. Can someone help?

• So I have this weird bug, when I listen to a song, it doesn't show the last artist in the queue. Can someone help?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify quits immediately

Hello! I looked for other topic other solution, but nothing good for me. I have a Android 5.1.1 Xiaomi Redmi3 Pro. There was no problem until today morning. Spotify quit from my phone and I can not make it work again. What I did: - uninstalled ( i th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I looked for other topic other solution, but nothing good for me. I have a Android 5.1.1 Xiaomi Redmi3 Pro. There was no problem until today morning. Spotify quit from my phone and I ...
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

My keeps stopping

My Music stops playing when I leave the app after a few seconds

• My Music stops playing when I leave the app after a few seconds
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant play songs stuck on shuffle.

On my phone spotify will not let me chose a song it only lets me play songs on shuffle play. I dont understand why it will not work right?

• On my phone spotify will not let me chose a song it only lets me play songs on shuffle play. I dont understand why it will not work right?
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't play even in shuffle

I don't have premium account and When I try to listen music in shuffle I won't play and says that's a premium feature.

• I don't have premium account and When I try to listen music in shuffle I won't play and says that's a premium feature.
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify playing through phonecalls

Hi, I'm using marshmallow 6.02 on a Samsung Galaxy S7. I bought the phone new, and Spotify is a pre-installed default app. I recently had to do a hard reset on my phone restoring it to factory settings. Ever since, when I'm listening to Spotify, and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using marshmallow 6.02 on a Samsung Galaxy S7. I bought the phone new, and Spotify is a pre-installed default app. I recently had to do a hard reset on my phone restoring it to factory settin...
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Suddenly spotify shows what is playing on my sons phone

Hi Past few days I noticed that sometimes on my Android, I got a notification "Spotify downloading", but I wasn't using spotify at all at that time. Today I suddenly saw a popup: "song xxxxx playing on iPhone Bas" which is the iPhone of my son. We ar...

• Regular
  • Hi Past few days I noticed that sometimes on my Android, I got a notification "Spotify downloading", but I wasn't using spotify at all at that time. Today I suddenly saw a popup: "song xxxxx playin...
  • Dell46
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Account Statistics / Information

Woke up today with a message from Spotify that my account was in use elsewhere. What does that mean and how can I change it? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Woke up today with a message from Spotify that my account was in use elsewhere. What does that mean and how can I change it? Thanks!
  • RickandMorty4
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes