Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify deleting downloaded songs

Spotify deleting downloaded songs

I'm having problems with Spotify app on android deleting my songs after they are downloaded. I have very limited wifi at the moment so I try to keep all of my big play lists offline (I have extremely slow Internet and a limited amount of data, ie. 3rd world country). Under settings > apps > storage it says that spotify app is 83.38MB and data is 6.2 GB, cache is only 10MB. Is there a way to get spotify to reconnect to the data on the phone and not try and redownload everything.

I'm on an up to date Galaxy S7 (U.S. version).
3 Replies

Hi @klbasler

I think the issue you're experiencing is related to the recent issue about Samsung devices running Android 6.x Marshmallow.

Have you tried to disable power saving mode settings?

Settings > Battery > Power Saving Mode> In the Power Saving Mode settings disable the "Restrict background data" setting

If it's still not working after doing the above then try to disable Power Saving Mode entirely:

Settings > Battery > Power Saving Mode

Settings > Battery > Detail > Spotify >Turned off

You may also want to check the post here for more details https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/PSA-Samsung-users-please-read/td-p/1334731

Hope it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I'm not a Spotify employee

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution.

If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

This did not work. Again today all my downloaded content was not being seen by Spotify. I have an up to date Galaxy S7. The app shows gigabytes of data being used on storage but Spotify reverted all my playlists to the un-downloaded state (the slider to download is set as if I didn't select the playlist). It did this for every playlist I had. This is very frustrating since my access to Internet is limited. why can you not select where the files are and let spotify sync them up again?

I reported the problem to Spotify Tech Support yesterday, and they sent me the instructions to supposedly fix the problem  I followed all of the instructions and reset the offline device (via the web), downloaded and re-install the lastest Spotify Version for Android (Kindle Fire). I set Storage to SD Card and I re-downloaded my 850 "saved songs" (for the 10th time). I checked several times to see if my downloaded songs were still there, and they were still there. GREAT!!  Then 5 hours after the re-install I checked and all 850 songs were deleted again and Storage switched from SD card to Device.

This has been happening to Users since 2012, and is still happening.  Not fixed after 4 years.  I don't think that any Spotify Technicians even bother looking at Community Posts to see what problems users are having.  I think I will be cancelling my premium account!! 

Any suggestions of other music services that  provide streaming via wifi to home entertainment systems or wifi speakers.  I checked out Amazon Unlimited Music, but it doesn't look like they provide this feature.

Suggested posts