Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files won't sync to my Android

Local Files won't sync to my Android

I know this has been posted a million+ times and I know people have to be tired of seeing it. But I just spent the last hour looking through posts and haven't found a single thing that works.

I have a Pantech Burst, and am using free Spotify. The computer app finds my phone with no issue and it displays everything perfectly.. and then I get to actually syncing the music. There's a constant PENDING stamped on my local fiiles playlist and it refuses to add the music. I made a seperate playlist of the same music files and it worked, but I have to be premium to play it, even though they're my music files.

Maybe free users can't sync files and I'm just not realizeing this, or it isn't working. Is it a Spotify issue, or a user issue? Please help.

Attatched is a screen cap of my Spotify. I know that I don't have the memory for my music, but even when all of my mp3 files were removed from my phone and I had 16gb of space, it still said pending.

spotify.png
5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community 🙂

I'm actually pretty sure you need to be premium to listen to local files, even on Premium. This is because the Spotify app doesn't actually seem to have the ability to play local files - I could be wrong about this however, and probably am 🙂

Have you tried a clean reinstall of the Android app?

Liam

I escalated this ages ago and still haven't seen a reply but I notice that the FAQ still says "With a Free account or Spotify Unlimited, you can use Spotify to transfer your own music (local files) from your computer to your phone/mobile. You can then use Spotify on your phone to listen to your music.".

Then that is wrong - the newer Spotify app doesn't seem to have the ability to play local music...

I was having the same problem and just figured it out..you have to have premium though. you add your music to a playlist, then go under that playlist on your spotify app and download it and it works just fine!

@MatthewLov I checked again with Spotify staff and the response I got was "It should still be possible to listen to local files while you're on the free or unlimited subscriptions. We are looking into why this message is appearing at the moment."

So hang tight and hopefully all will be back to normal soon 🙂

Suggested posts