Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • howardblick
  • 57 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 57 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm getting error "Offline syncing has stopped as there's no space left on this device" help?

I'm new to spotify (migrated from Rhapsody) and I'm finding the following error after trying to sync my offline playlist on my Samsung Galaxy S2 android phone: "Offline syncing has stopped as there's no space left on this device" I have 11.26 gb left...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm new to spotify (migrated from Rhapsody) and I'm finding the following error after trying to sync my offline playlist on my Samsung Galaxy S2 android phone:   "Offline syncing has stopped...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Synchronization error Android (Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.2.1)

Hi everyone, everytime I start the spotify app I get a "synchronization error" and all playlists disappear on my Galaxy Nexus. When I try to synchronize the phone with the desktop my Wlan gets a connectivity error and I have to reconnect the wifi sti...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   everytime I start the spotify app I get a "synchronization error" and all playlists disappear on my Galaxy Nexus. When I try to synchronize the phone with the desktop my Wla...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Song Files Wont Play On Android Device

My local song files wont play on my android device. However they play on my laptop. And I currently have Premium trial. How can I fix this?

• My local song files wont play on my android device. However they play on my laptop. And I currently have Premium trial. How can I fix this?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem whit dowloading playlists

Hi! I have Spotify 0.5.5.13 and I can't download playlists to my Android phone (Android version 4.0.4).First I download via WiFi and minutes after the playlist is undownloaded. What's the problem!?!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I have Spotify 0.5.5.13 and I can't download playlists to my Android phone (Android version 4.0.4). First I download via WiFi and minutes after the playlist is undownloaded.   Wh...
  • friggo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs missing on android

I had premium and canceled it for a day when it ended, then i paid through my phone and everything was kind of ok, but in one playlist called "water for the soul" some tracks are missing. it says 46 tracks but i just cant see some of them. I use face...

• I had premium and canceled it for a day when it ended, then i paid through my phone and everything was kind of ok, but in one playlist called "water for the soul" some tracks are missing. it says 46 ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot search on my HTC One X

Can anyone help please? I have a premium account but except for one exception I have been unable to search for music on my mobile (or create radio stations,etc). I have an internet connection and everything else works fine. I am in online mode. It wo...

• Music Fan
  • Can anyone help please?  I have a premium account but except for one exception I have been unable to search for music on my mobile (or create radio stations,etc).  I have an internet connec...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy s3

Does Spotify work well with the galaxy s3, I have a iPhone 5 and I'm not sure whether spotify works best on my phone or the galaxy s3 ?! Please help any feedback would be awesome

• Casual Listener
  • Does Spotify work well with the galaxy s3, I have a iPhone 5 and I'm not sure whether spotify works best on my phone or the galaxy s3 ?! Please help any feedback would be awesome
  • WakenBaken
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Canceling premium

So for the last semester my roommate has been mooching off my spotify premium on his android device. I asked him to log out and he will not do it, and I cannot do it because I don't know his password. My question is: If I cancel my subscription to Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • So for the last semester my roommate has been mooching off my spotify premium on his android device. I asked him to log out and he will not do it, and I cannot do it because I don't know his password...
  • Austintruitt
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Temporary fix for mobile playlist sorting

I found this method accidentally, not sure if anyone has yet posted this but I created a step by step guide on our blog: ISWiki.net The process worked for me. Let me know if it helps.

• Visitor
  • I found this method accidentally, not sure if anyone has yet posted this but I created a step by step guide on our blog: ISWiki.net   The process worked for me. Let me know ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Just got Spotify premium and it won't stream songs on my phome!!!

I click on the song I want to play and it says only premium members can stream song blah blah...well I am a premium member so what the hell,

• Casual Listener
  • I click on the song I want to play and it says only premium members can stream song blah blah...well I am a premium member so what the hell,
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

downloading playlist

Just got up and running and finally downloading playbill..Some ???? 1. just one at a time? 2. process seems long any way to shorten? 3. with android to download must you be plug-in to PC.? Any help would be greatly appreciated,please keep in mind I'm...

• Visitor
  • Just got  up and running and finally downloading playbill..Some ???? 1.   just one at a time? 2.   process seems long any way to shorten? 3.   with android to...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming an playlist already synced as offline

Hi, Quick question on Spotify Mobile. I have streaming set to Extreme quality and download set to Normal quality. I have then downloaded a playlist. Now what happens if I select to play that playlist and my mobile device has WiFi connection (e.g. at ...

• Hi,   Quick question on Spotify Mobile. I have streaming set to Extreme quality and download set to Normal quality. I have then downloaded a playlist. Now what happens if I select to play th...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't play music from sdcard in spotify

Samsung : i have music on sdcard and I've saved them in lists in Spotify, before I could play them without any problems but now it's impossible. Help

• Casual Listener
  • Samsung : i have music on sdcard and I've saved them in lists in Spotify, before I could play them without any problems but now it's impossible. Help
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlist greys out after some inactivity on Android phones

Hi, This is mainly to point out a potential bug that annoys me. After pausing a playlist for some time, upon unlocking the phone there is no content of the active playlist and it has to be reloaded. A small thing but it disturbs the otherwise very ni...

• Hi, This is mainly to point out a potential bug that annoys me. After pausing a playlist for some time, upon unlocking the phone there is no content of the active playlist and it has to be reload...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloads only viewed as individual tracs?

Can only view my albums as individual tracs as opposed to viewing as complete albums as on my laptop. Is the only solution to create a playlist for each album to avoid having to screen thru hundreds of tracs to find an album? Thanks for your assistan...

• Casual Listener
  • Can only view my albums as individual tracs as opposed to viewing as complete albums as on my laptop.  Is the only solution to  create a playlist for each album to avoid having to screen th...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange experience...

Hello Spotify! Something strange just happened...: I cannot play the following tracks: Zappa: Sexual harassment in the workplace, Apostrophe. Chaka Khan: I'm every woman, plus several others... I have cheked with my son: The songs are still present o...

• Hello Spotify! Something strange just happened...: I cannot play the following tracks: Zappa: Sexual harassment in the workplace, Apostrophe. Chaka Khan: I'm every woman, plus several others... I h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

sound failure when used on HTC EVO 4G LTE

Yeah, it worked for a while but sinse the last update, sound will not play. Other apps handle perfectly fine on this phone. I pay good money for this. Fix it. Also, put up a phone number, you cowards.

• Yeah, it worked for a while but sinse the last update, sound will not play. Other apps handle perfectly fine on this phone. I pay good money for this. Fix it. Also, put up a phone number, you cowards.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Download problems

The app only syncs my offline playlists if the screen is on. HTC Sensation XE Why? Thanks in advance.

• Casual Listener
  • The app only syncs my offline playlists if the screen is on. HTC Sensation XE Why? Thanks in advance.
  • magoo
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Not keeping my playlists downloaded

I have a Galaxy Nexus and I am starting to get frustrated because I have to redownload my playlist every night...are there any fixes for this?

• Music Fan
  • I have a Galaxy Nexus and I am starting to get frustrated because I have to redownload my playlist every night...are there any fixes for this?
  • CC268
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Not Working on Motorola Droid Razr

The Spotify app stopped working two days ago; I have premium service. I log in using the Facebook log in, and the app recognizes my log in, but then it boots me out and asks me to log in with my Spotify log in. So, I try to reset the password to log ...

• Casual Listener
  • The Spotify app stopped working two days ago; I have premium service.  I log in using the Facebook log in, and the app recognizes my log in, but then it boots me out and asks me to log in with m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes