Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium user in Korea. after Factory Reset - can no longer download the phone app

I pay for Spotify Premium and I live in South Korea.The mobile phone app was working perfectly until I had to do a Factory Reset on my phone (Galaxy S3) and now when I try to download the app it's saying that the app is unavailable to me. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • I pay for Spotify Premium and I live in South Korea. The mobile phone app was working perfectly until I had to do a Factory Reset on my phone (Galaxy S3)  and now when I try to download the ap...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify app wont work on my zte android !

I previously bought a new android phone & downloaded the app no problem. But the app is just a blank screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled like 5x but nothing! What can I do? Help?!

• I previously bought a new android phone & downloaded the app no problem. But the app is just a blank screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled like 5x but nothing! What can I do? Help?!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify on HTC Desrire S

I have an HTC Desire S, running Android 2.3.5 (which is the newest version available), and on Monday?, when Spotify updated itself, it will no longer start. I have uninstalled the app 3 or 4 times, and reinstalled, always the same; it just will not s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an HTC Desire S, running Android 2.3.5 (which is the newest version available), and on Monday?, when Spotify updated itself, it will no longer start. I have uninstalled the app 3 or 4 times, a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

starred tracks playlist stuck on "loading"

Cant access my starred tracks playlist at all. Only shows that it is constantly loading. I just updated to latest version last night. Running on HTC Rezound. Can access other playlists just fine, only starred seems affected. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Cant access my starred tracks playlist at all. Only shows that it is constantly loading. I just updated to latest version last night. Running on HTC Rezound. Can access other playlists just fine, onl...
  • JJR
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Inability to access offline on my Android Smartfone

I have a premium account and Spotify tells me this but my Android SmartPhone says my licence to listen offline has now expired please go online to renew it. How do I renew this licence or is there a bug in the system as I have been a Premium account ...

• I have a premium account and Spotify tells me this but my Android SmartPhone says my licence to listen offline has now expired please go online to renew it. How do I renew this licence or is there a ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.9.29

What's new in this version: - Fixed: Audio playback will no longer stop unexpectedly

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version: - Fixed: Audio playback will no longer stop unexpectedly
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

Exit app

I know that Android does not require an app to exit but I still wish that I had the option to do so if I want to.I don't use the Sync function and it annoys me enormously to see thisDevices└ I 9300on my computer. The user should not need to go to the...

• Music Fan
  • I know that Android does not require an app to exit but I still wish that I had the option to do so if I want to. I don't use the Sync function and it annoys me enormously to see this Devices └ I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Login Screen

Hi! I am really having trouble with Spotify today. when I log into spotify, it just stays "logging in" forever. It's been almost a half an hour and it's still logging in. What's up with my spotify?How can I fix this problem. It's really frustrating!

• Visitor
  • Hi! I am really having trouble with Spotify today. when I log into spotify, it just stays "logging in" forever. It's been almost a half an hour and it's still logging in. What's up with my spotify? ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

One song does not play when downloaded. Then others songs won’t play offline!

After many hours of trouble shooting, due to downloaded songs and playlists sometimes not playing , it seems that whenever I download this one track/song to my Samsung Droid Charge (Android) phone, it does not play. Others songs will play normally bu...

• Casual Listener
  • After many hours of trouble shooting, due to downloaded songs and playlists sometimes not playing , it seems that whenever I download this one track/song to my Samsung Droid Charge (Android) phone, i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop playing despite wireless connection

Songs will simply pause for no reason despite being on a really strong wireless connection. Not buffering, because I have to go back in the app and hit play every single time it does this. Also. when playing shuffle or radio, sometimes the minutes/pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Songs will simply pause for no reason despite being on a really strong wireless connection. Not buffering, because I have to go back in the app and hit play every single time it does this. Also. when...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Spotify randomly skipping on my mobile

Spotify tends to skip when playing my offline tracks. There isn't any logic to it, it doesn't seem, and the tracks play fine when I'm on my laptop. It's makes a great service that I wouldn't mind paying for really difficult to enjoy and I'm starting ...

• Spotify tends to skip when playing my offline tracks. There isn't any logic to it, it doesn't seem, and the tracks play fine when I'm on my laptop. It's makes a great service...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mysterious Starred tracks

I have just had a clear out as I hit my starred tracks limit. I have removed my stars from every track on my desktop app, and this has transferred to my android app. Why then does it say that I have 17 starred tracks? Any help would be appreciated. T...

• Music Fan
  • I have just had a clear out as I hit my starred tracks limit. I have removed my stars from every track on my desktop app, and this has transferred to my android app.   Why then does it say t...
  • markrth
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium on phone star bug

Hey all. this is a small problem but for me its quite irritating. Alright so it all started with me getting my galaxy s3 and downloaded spotify on it. I then got spotify premium and started to log in on spotify on phone. I do not have any song starre...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all. this is a small problem but for me its quite irritating.   Alright so it all started with me getting my galaxy s3 and downloaded spotify on it. I then got spotify premium and starte...
  • markrth
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

downloading music

hi everyone. I signed up for spotify a couple of weeks ago, I've been using the spotify app on my Android phone. At first download speeds were great whether over wifi or using 3g. Within the last few days, the download speeds have slowed considerably...

• hi everyone. I signed up for spotify a couple of weeks ago, I've been using the spotify app on my Android phone. At first download speeds were great whether over wifi or using 3g. Within the last few...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listen to music from internal and external sd card at the same time

Is there a way to listen to music from my internal sd card and external sd card at the same time? Meaning I want to listen on my phone to both sd cards at the same time. I know how to transer music to both using the technique Helloworld124 posted. Bu...

• Visitor
  • Is there a way to listen to music from my internal sd card and external sd card at the same time? Meaning I want to listen on my phone to both sd cards at the same time. I know how to ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues Switching between the Way I Listen

Hi Guys,I am having issues with the Spotify Android App when I switch between the way I listen to them (If that makes sense lol)When Im at work, Im usually listening to songs through my Headphones, Then when I get into the work Car I listed to it thr...

• Hi Guys, I am having issues with the Spotify Android App when I switch between the way I listen to them (If that makes sense lol) When Im at work, Im usually listening to songs through my Headpho...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't stop playing single genre of music

My android app somehow got stuck on the metal genre. I have maybe 20 metal tracks starred on my playlist (of ~2500 total). I'm selecting the playlist with all my starred tracks, but it keeps playing metal. Any way to reset?

• Casual Listener
  • My android app somehow got stuck on the metal genre. I have maybe 20 metal tracks starred on my playlist (of ~2500 total). I'm selecting the playlist with all my starred tracks, but it keeps playing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify ne marche plus sous android samsung s2

Spotify ne se connecte pas à internetJe n'arrive plus à lire mes playlist depuis mon samsung S2. même problème sur galaxy tab. Un écran vide apparait quand je veux rentrer dans un dossier ou une playlist. ça fait + d'une semaine que ça dure, j'ai un ...

• Spotify ne se connecte pas à internet Je n'arrive plus à lire mes playlist depuis mon samsung S2. même problème sur galaxy tab. Un écran vide apparait quand je veux rentrer dans un dossier ou une ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

help! wont play any songs!

Hi, I have the spotify android app and when I click on a song it won't play, there's no sound?! What's wrong? So disappointed cos I loved using it, but am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription now

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have the spotify android app and when I click on a song it won't play, there's no sound?! What's wrong? So disappointed cos I loved using it, but am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscrip...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums disappearing

Some of my favorite albums, in particular albums on Hollywood Records have disappearedin search ! Has anyone else noticed this??Demi Lovato - Don't ForgetBridgit Mendler - Hello My Name is...

• Gig Goer
  • Some of my favorite albums, in particular albums on Hollywood Records have disappearedin search ! Has anyone else noticed this?? Demi Lovato - Don't Forget Bridgit Mendler - Hello My Name is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes