Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local file becomes a different song when synced

Local file becomes a different song when synced

Hello,

I have the following problem. I have some albums which are not on Spotify, so I bought and imported them into iTunes. After that I put them into a playlist which I then sync onto my phone. Everything works fine except for a few songs. 

Eg: On one album is a song called "What I Did for Love (feat. Namie Amuro)". But Spotify says it's "What I Did for Love (feat. Emeli Sandé)". When I try to sync it to my phone it downloads the version with Emeli Sandé instead of the one that is in my local files.

And that problem also happened to some other songs. Spotify just ignores the versions I have on my PC and syncs the songs with the files which are on the Spotify servers. Is there any way to turn that option off?

Thanks

2 Replies

Hi. You've discovered the downside of Spotify trying to match your local files with music in its catalogue. All I can suggest is to rename the affected tracks so that it won't find a match - often something simple like adding a letter or two to the track title will do the trick.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I changed the Artist name and now it synced correctly.

Do you think Spotify will turn this "feature" off? Or give us the option to? For me it's just annoying because I like to tag my files correctly..

Suggested posts